GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Added Airaid MIT.

After an ordeal with 4 Wheel Online I got all the parts. It went on pretty easy. I will let everyone know more if I get improved throttle response.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121213_213836.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	46841

I had an issue with them also. I complained enough and they ended up giving me free next day shipping on my next order. I said "ok, in that case I will order me procomp traction bars and duel shock kit now", The representative was not happy. It had to cost them more than $100 in shipping costs. Let us know about the throttle response. It looks streamlined and clean.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I had an issue with them also. I complained enough and they ended up giving me free next day shipping on my next order. I said "ok, in that case I will order me procomp traction bars and duel shock kit now", The representative was not happy. It had to cost them more than $100 in shipping costs. Let us know about the throttle response. It looks streamlined and clean.
    The tube with all the resonators was one big piece of ugly plastic. The MIT looks much nicer.

Sr. Mechanic

I've had mine on now for about 2 months and like it alot. Performance wise maybe alittle more hp/torque and mileage went up some. I also paired it with a k&n filter and a tune from blackbear. These three upgrades were well worth the money.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

Quote Originally Posted by sierra11 View Post
    I've had mine on now for about 2 months and like it alot. Performance wise maybe alittle more hp/torque and mileage went up some. I also paired it with a k&n filter and a tune from blackbear. These three upgrades were well worth the money.
    I have the K&N filter and a Hypertech tune. I also got rid of the water heater sized muffler and put something less restrictive with more sound.

Sr. Mechanic

I've thought about upgrading to a new exhaust but haven't had the money. What muffler did you go with.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

The Airaid MIT gave a little better throttle response and at WOT, it sounds much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sierra11 View Post
    I've thought about upgrading to a new exhaust but haven't had the money. What muffler did you go with.

I went with a Flowsound which is a Flowmaster 40 clone. It sounds really nice and only cost me $210 out the door. The muffler shop simply cut the old HUGE muffler out and put the new one in. My LTZ had the chrome exhaust tip so I did not want to lose that (I paid for it).

nice mod, it looks sharp under the hood.

I've arready got the K&N Filter and an AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, seeing how clean looking that is I will deffinately be adding that to my next mod list!

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    nice mod, it looks sharp under the hood.

I've arready got the K&N Filter and an AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, seeing how clean looking that is I will deffinately be adding that to my next mod list!
    Many have said here on the forum that a throttle body spacer does nothing for a modern intake. Have you found that it does help you?