GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I received a mass email,a couple of days ago, blaming the government and the bankers. I deleted it. Forwarding to just one person adds to the insanity of the whole situation.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I'm tired of this being all over the place everwhere I turn. It's sensationalized enough. The media needs to understand that by sensationalizing such things it actually contributes to more of the same occurring -- much like heavy coverage of terrorism does. Not smart...

I agree @SurrealOne. One student here has just been charged with 2 felonies for making a terrorist threat on twitter that he was going to bomb his school. Another school increased security near me for some graffiti that was found on a bathroom wall. Kids just sometimes do not know the seriousness of this stuff. Its very unfortunate that this feeds into gun control legislation that probably would not prevent the same thing from happening again if it was going to. I do agree with @mudpuppy that if they are going to pass any laws then look into how the background checks are done. Any history of mental illness or arrests may warrant a more extensive review before allowing a purchase. Im not sure of the right answer but to ban certain types of rifles or magazines ect. is only punishing the hunters, collectors, hobbyist, dealers, and manufacturers. Not the evil.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

History:
    The Federal Assault Weapons Ban was in effect from 1994 to 2004. The Columbine shooting occurred in 1999 (i.e. DURING the period covered by the AWB) ... and weapons meeting the AWB's criteria -were- used during that shooting. A 2003 study by the CDC on the efficacy of the AWB concluded, "...the Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence." (Source: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5214a2.htm)

Implication:
    Past history shows us that a ban on a certain class of weapons did not prevent one mass shooting, and 10 years of denying law-abiding citizens the ability to purchase/possess an entire class of firearms yielded "insufficient evidence" with regard to that denial's efficacy in preventing violence. As the loose definition of 'insanity' is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results, those pushing gun ban agendae may well be regarded as 'insane'.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234