GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I wish that the media would never mention or print his name again. Don't make him famous for being a @$$#0%! . Just refer to him has "the loser", "Feces" or something else.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I wish that the media would never mention or print his name again. Don't make him famous for being a @$$#0%! . Just refer to him has "the loser", "Feces" or something else.
    no way can that be said any better. i for sure agree and im sure plenty others do to.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

OK this has been on my mind for most of the day. My thought is every 1 in the U S A should own a gun or two or more for hunting, collection, or home defense. Then crap like yesterday happens. I do know many people don't agree with me. If you think of the millions of people that own guns that have no problems with them. Then there are people like this peace of s@#t makes it hard to own guns. I'm sorry if my fellings upset anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 97Silveradbeast View Post
    OK this has been on my mind for most of the day. My thought is every 1 in the U S A should own a gun or two or more for hunting, collection, or home defense. Then crap like yesterday happens. I do know many people don't agree with me. If you think of the millions of people that own guns that have no problems with them. Then there are people like this peace of s@#t makes it hard to own guns. I'm sorry if my fellings upset anyone.
    your right. millions of people own guns. for every 1 horrible happening like this there are thousands of untold tails that a gun saved lives and/or prevented a horrible crime. yet a ban legislation is going to be entered in the morning by the democratic party. ya that really helps. so much history shows how that would make everything better.
    if anyone really wanted to do anything to help this well why not a criminal, mental, and credit back ground check before purchase. with those three being looked at im sure that would cut down atleast half of the 1% that shouldn't have a gun. in addition make it a requirement to take a gun safety course. so while new owners learn how to handle a weapon the instructors can also help pick out the crazies. it was a different country when i was a kid, when i was 16 i took a gun safety course because my father was buying me my own 12gauge so i could go dear hunting with my own gun for the first time. though very modified into a long range assault 12gauge now, it is still the same gun from back then. and the only gun that i will use for deer hunting. other than deer hunting that gun gets used for nothing else.

Hey Conlan Rose, is your gmother Superintendent Janet Robinson? That's got to be the toughest educational job on the planet right now. I just can't imagine how horrible that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    What gets me is all of the comparative language. "The second worst school shooting in US History". What is this, something like a record? Quit calling it that, that gives the next nut who's parents have raised him to be an assassin with these horrible video games a "record" to go for.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

What gets me is all of the comparative language. "The second worst school shooting in US History". What is this, something like a record? Quit calling it that, that gives the next nut who's parents have raised him to be an assassin with these horrible video games a "record" to go for.
    to be fair steve, a person who plays Call of duty does not automatically become violent, just like driving a truck dosnt make you a A$$hole. generalizing people with those kind of statements just isnt fair.

i might think that because your from texas you have the typical drawl and spit chewing tobaccos and wear a cowboy hat. are these things true? maybe, but its not fair of me to assume they are without asking.

just like its not fair to assume that because I play Halo (another "violent" game), it makes me a violent person.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    to be fair steve, a person who plays Call of duty does not automatically become violent, just like driving a truck dosnt make you a A$$hole. generalizing people with those kind of statements just isnt fair.

i might think that because your from texas you have the typical drawl and spit chewing tobaccos and wear a cowboy hat. are these things true? maybe, but its not fair of me to assume they are without asking.

just like its not fair to assume that because I play Halo (another "violent" game), it makes me a violent person.

Alex

Yeah, never said that, you're reading too much into my statement. Like I said in a more exhaustive post (which is still off the cuff, not a formal essay or peer-reviewed article) 99% aren't going to commit a crime.

This kid, Adam Lanza, clearly certifiable with significant issues. My guess is that his wealthy parents pampered him and probably didn't apply corporal punishment, just a guess but they probably babied him. Then, like a lot of parents, they let the TV and videos games be the babysitter (which for kids like this is called a stimming activity, and it will pacify them for a time, but in the end it drives them further out of touch with the 3d world around them and makes things worse). So, his mom gave him the technical knowledge, skills and training and then access to the means to be a mass-killer.

My point was, having been around kids like this a lot, he was possibly stuck 1/2 way between a video game world and reality, so he was going to let loose with what he knew how to be powerful and victorious over those who are coming after him .

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

One more time it comes from who raised them.... YOU!!!! Now if you do have Guns like this in your house.. LOCK THEM UP GOOD!!!!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I agree it is the parents responsibility to raise a kid and keep things like guns locked up unless they are being brought to the range, being cleaned, or being brought out to go hunting. I have many friends that play FPS games and none of them are violent. I understand how someone who has something mentally wrong can end up mixing the two as one but as I think all of you agree it is not an excuse for killing 20 kids.

On another note, my aunt talked to my grandmother and she is ok just stressed and very tired. Luckily our family Christmas hasn't been canceled.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Now of course conspiracy theorists are coming out of the wood work. I don't believe any of it, but here is their latest theory. Really? the government did it? right!
    http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...o-2516610.html