GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are you working on Christmas Eve?

I'm sure most retail workers are, but what about office folks?
    Our office is technically closed but a few of us are going in (time and 1/2) in the morning. If we didn't, (because our work is daily stuff), by Wednesday, we would have a mess on our hands!
    The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.

I'm not working Christmas Eve because I worked on Thanksgiving Day. I had a choice of getting Christmas Eve off or Thanksgiving.

They keep saying the right person will come. I think mine is my truck.

"No offense" means "I'm about to insult you,but don't get mad."

I work Christmas Eve and Day. I get double time plus 8 hours paid holiday for each day. I work a total of 16 hours and get paid 48. Perks of working a government job.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

I'm taking a week off work, so no. However, I'll go back to work on the 26th. 2013 will be my year to be self employed (again) hopefully.

I don't have to be in the office, but I am "On-Call". We know how that goes.

I finally don't have to work Christmas Eve or day. Only took 9 years of working in the Govt to get those days off lol. Last year I had them off too but was driving across country to relocate. It sure will be nice to not work on Christmas, that's for sure. Been so long, I forgot what people do on that day lmao

No, our office is closed between 24 - 27.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Working Christmas eve but I will have Christmas off. The radar doesn't need constant monitoring, they cut us back to admin hours a while back. Mon-Fri 6-5pm, saved them a bunch of money just in shift differential.
    1958 Chevrolet Apache Fleetside Longbed .. 350 with a turbo 350 tranny
    2010 Silverado LTZ 4X4 Z71

I'm working Christmas Eve and Christmas day, the company I work for stays fully staffed 7 days a week around the clock even on holidays. I deliver, repair, and install Medical Equipment and the need for equipment is even higher during holidays.

I will be working Christmas eve and day also. Hospitals always need oxygen.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast