GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
  1. General Information
    My Truck. 09 Sierra SLT
    GMC
    Sierra 1500
    Summit White
    SLT trim. Convenience package with backup cam, power pedals, and all that good stuff.

After landing my dream job in March 2012 and acquiring enough money for a good down payment, I traded in my 2006 Silverado reg cab long bed towards this truck. It was priced WELL below KBB by the dealer and had a clean carfax, so I jumped on it late one night and owned it the next afternoon.

I love this truck, and plan to keep it for as long as possible, or unless I love the next gen Sierra's enough and work a deal on one. It currently has a little over 74k miles and still runs like a tank. Look forward to continue customizing it and truly making it my own..

Modifications

Have a few minor mods. First thing after buying the truck was adding a "denali" punch style grille insert. It looked decent compared to the plain black plastic grille, but it was cheap and never fit quite right. I took it off a few weeks ago since I have a real Denali grille waiting to be installed, along with black halo projector headlights.

The truck has the driver and passenger windows tinted 20% to make the ext. cab doors. I also tinted the tail lights and 3rd brake lights with 3 coats VHT lightshades.

SLT trim with heated leather seats, bose stereo, backup camera. Everything but a sunroof.

Not really "under the hood", but I guess it is a performance mod. For now I just have a SI/DO Flowmaster Super 10 series muffler. Sounds PERFECT, loud and aggressive when I want it to be, and is just a deep rumble at idle. Might go true duals with headers in the future if I get tired of my current setup.

2.5" TopGun Customz leveling kit. Makes the truck have a perfect stance. Definitely some room for beefier tires though.

275/55/20 Nexen Roadian HT. I don't like them but they were brand new when I bought the truck, so I'm just gonna run them till they wear out and buy some Cooper Zeon LTZ's.

Comments: 0 / Views: 970