GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 07 Silverado 1500 Service Stabilitrak, Traction Control, BCM Problems?

I just put a new touchscreen stereo and door speakers in my 2007 Silverado 1500 nbs. I am positive everything is hooked up correctly with the radio and the speakers and they seem to work perfectly. However there are a few reoccurring issues with the electrical system. Once the key is in the ignition I am getting the "Service Stabilitrak" and "Service Traction Control" warning lights on the dash. Sometimes the they will go away and the truck will crank and run perfectly fine with the stereo working fine as well. On occasion the stereo will randomly cut off and back on or even turn off completely when I am driving. However, the Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights do not always turn off and the truck will not always crank. Usually I just pull the key out of the ignition and it after resetting it will crank. Also, the remote keyless entry will not unlock or lock half of the time. I think there is something wrong with the BCM but I am not sure. I had to disconnect and reconnect the terminals on the battery multiple times while installing the stereo. I'm not sure if that may have caused some confusing with the BCM. The Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights will sometimes come on while going down the road also. The electrical problems are usually random. I could have a perfect truck one minute and the next it will not let me unlock the doors or will be lit up like a Christmas tree. Let me know if you guys think the BCM is bad or if it is something else causing the problems. Thanks

I doubt that your service stabilitrac and traction control issues are related to your radio. There is a known issue with the throttle body on your year truck with a 5.3L. Have you had the codes read to see what they are telling you? if so what were they? As far as your door locks not working with the key fob. when this happens, Will they lock and unlock if you press the buttons on the door inside the truck? With it not starting and the key fob issues it sounds like you could have a security system issue.
    Last edited by Pikey; 03-19-2014 at 11:45 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Hello shuffler21,

I understand that you are looking for advice. As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Moved to GM electrical tech

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)