GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

cant go wrong with kenwood. Its all me and my brothers buy cuz u cant beat the price for the performance!
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

You cant go wrong with kenwood products although the amps are a little pricy for the power. I have a Kenwood Head Unit but I run AUDISON AMPS. I used to run Kicker amps too but they are expensive as all hell.
    ScReWs®LoOsE

06' Silverado Crew Cab 1500
    Volant Air Intake, 3 Chamber Flowmaster,
    3' pipes dumped before the rear axle,
    20' MOTO METAL Wheels, Loud Loud System!!
    and a Semper Fi sticker on the back.

And much more to come...

hey when you did the wiring for your head unit, were all your wires still there??? I have a 86 and im havin a little trouble puttin the head unit in, cuz the guy who had the truck before me ripped all the interior stuff out. what all do i need to run to the fuse box to power it???

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steu II View Post
    hey when you did the wiring for your head unit, were all your wires still there??? I have a 86 and im havin a little trouble puttin the head unit in, cuz the guy who had the truck before me ripped all the interior stuff out. what all do i need to run to the fuse box to power it???
    all my wires were there...if you are talking about a constant 12v not the positive i wired mine in with the ignition so my radio wouldnt get power unless the key was turned..PM me and we can talk
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Legend

You should be able to pot those 5x7 in the 4x10 holes i have a set of boston acoustics 6" in my 4x10 holes in my burban just need to make a plate, mine where made of wood (the plates not the speakers) and they fit perfect!
    Last edited by vncj96; 03-05-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    You should be able to pot those 5x7 in the 4x10 holes i have a set of boston acoustics 6" in my 4x10 holes in my burban just need to make a plate, mine where made of wood (the plates not the speakers) and they fit perfect!
    to lazy to do all that.. i plan on redoing the sound system once i get money
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Yup, I was planning on eventually putting a pair of 6x9s in the spot where my 4x10s go, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Until I get the chance to make the plates to make it all look nice, I've stuck a new pair of 4x10s back there.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I have a pioneer deck and two 12" JBL. I have a "economical" amp and it just didn't do it, good sound comes from good power, I broke the bank for a Alpine V12, what a difference.
    '90 burban SLE 1500
    350 ci 4X4
    33" BFG

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WhosDatGuy View Post
    I have a pioneer deck and two 12" JBL. I have a "economical" amp and it just didn't do it, good sound comes from good power, I broke the bank for a Alpine V12, what a difference.
    i have a V12 running my 12" MTX Blue Thunder that i bought when I was a sophomore in high school I am now 30 and they still are running perfect!!!! Definatly spend the money the first time on the right amp not one to get you by, i spent $700 on my 600w V12 in in 94 and it was well worth the money!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12