GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Engineer
    Beavercreek,OH (currently stationed in Jacksonville,NC)
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb 99-02 Silverado Carbon Fiber Hood

Hows it goin guys? Been a while since I have visited the site. I am currently working for a composite company out of dayton,Oh and we have recently put a carbon fiber hood for my 02' silverado into our project line-up. I have done some research on the hoods out right now and most companies are asking 999.00 not including shipping. These hood would be constructed oh high grade carbon fiber and would be a direct bolt on. I will be constructing a mold with a 2-3 inch cowl on top,

I am interested to know how many of you silverado owners would be interested in a factory carbon fiber hood or cowl hood at a price way under what most big companies are asking. The price would most likely fall between 500-700 for carbon fiber. Also available would be fiberglass hoods in both factory in cowl. These would be a lot cheaper but the look of carbon fiber can't be beat.

Let me know with your comments what you think of the idea and who would be interested and any other suggestions you may have!

Thanks guys. "Semper Fi"
    Justin - Beavercreek,OH

02 Z71 Ext. Cab (fully Loaded)
    * 9" Total Lift (RoughCountry)
    * 35' BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2s w/ 16" Chrome Pro Comp wheels
    * Hypertech Maxx Energy Programmer
    * K&N Intake
    * BlackOut Tails

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Don't forget to add for packing and shipping.. After working for Goodmark I will tell you it's not cheap and that was for a steel hood.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Engineer
    Beavercreek,OH (currently stationed in Jacksonville,NC)
    Blog Entries

that is true we would be offering the hood for way under what retail is for a normal carbon fiber hood runs and the other thing to take into account is that carbon fiber weighs a lot less than steel. So the shipping will be less than a steel hood.
    Justin - Beavercreek,OH

02 Z71 Ext. Cab (fully Loaded)
    * 9" Total Lift (RoughCountry)
    * 35' BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2s w/ 16" Chrome Pro Comp wheels
    * Hypertech Maxx Energy Programmer
    * K&N Intake
    * BlackOut Tails

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

But they are easy to brake so you will need to crate it up good...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I would be interested, especially with a cowl injection vent! Hell yes! I covered mine with the carbon fiber look vinyl but would rather have the real thing!