GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default A/C and Heat takes 10 minutes to turn on

I searched the forums and have yet to find an exact match to my issue. When I start my Chevy Silverado 2004 5.3L Z71 Flexfuel Ext. Cab and turn on the AC or Heat on any speed/position I get nothing. The blower doesnt kick on at all, if I let the engine idle or start driving about 10 minutes later the blower turns on and I get air out of all the vents. This happens all the time, it is not intermittent whether it AC or Heat its the same issue. I tried all different settings, the only consistent symptom is the delay on start up. When the blower starts pumping out the air, I can drive for 20 to 30 minutes, shut off the truck and turn it back on within a few seconds and I still have to wait 3-5 minutes for the blower to start. I thought it maybe the blower motor resistor, but I did not find a similar thread with the same symptoms.

I would bet that it is the resistor, they are know to go bad for that year.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

x2 for the resistor assembly
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

If your truck has "automatic air" where you set the temp and the system then keeps the cab at that temp, it will not turn on until the water temp get above a pre-set temp and is controlled by the ECM