GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jake's silverado View Post
    Welcome to the site... I have been a long time user since 2007.
    Oddly enough I do have a question, when I get directions it is important for me to know if the route you provide me considers low bridges as I do pull a trailer. Will your routing take this into consideration if I let you know I'm pulling a trailer?
    Hi Jake,

At this time we do not reference the vertical clearance of bridges when delivering a route. We can deliver routes defined as shortest, fastest, avoiding Highways, and/or avoiding toll roads. This is a concern that I am sure a number of people might find useful. I can share your idea with the appropriate teams for consideration. In the mean time, as I am sure you know, there are some great sites from some state's Department of Transportation and some trucking sites that are great resources for this information.

Hope this helps.

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Steve, I am quoting you only because tagging you still seems to fail to get YOU.

Regarding this thread, as someone who works in the computer security industry I am compelled to ask how forum members can confirm that this is a legitimate service post that was made by authorized individuals from GM and/or OnStar... and that it actually is what it claims to be? After all, there's nothing stopping Random Joe Poster from claiming to be this ... and then collecting personally identifiable information via PM's under the guise of providing 'support'.

I see no verification mechanism or link in the original post in this thread, hence the skepticism bred from reasonable and healthy paranoia in this age of identity theft.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Hi SurrealOne,

I can understand your concern. There is no verification mechanism. However, the only information needed to assist is typically a VIN. Sometimes, we ask for best contact information to further discuss a matter, but if your preferred method is PM, then we understand. Furthermore, I would be happy to send you an email that has our OnStar domain or you can contact OnStar at 1.888.4OnStar or by pressing you blue OnStar button and ask for our Care department. If you ask for Jessica, Corbin, or Shannon we would be happy to speak with you to ease your concerns.

Hope this helps!

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

to the GMTC

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12