GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Air Miles for Charity

Some of you know that I am a Shriner (Luxor Temple). We operate 22 hospitals for children in North America. We operate these hospitals at no charge to the parents. A few years ago, United Airlines launched the 10 million miles giveaway program (an online voting contest). Last year the winner's share was 3 million miles, with the remaining miles going to the charities in 2nd through whatever place, I assume, this year's winner will receive the same 3 million charity miles.

The Shriners use the air miles to reduce our cost of transporting the children, to the hospitals, to receive the required specialized care.

The Shriners Hospital is only one of the charities entered into the United Airlines contest, I would appreciate a vote for the Shriners, but if you see an other charity that you wish to vote for, please do.

The contest is over on Dec 25th. Voting is at 10millioncharitymiles.com/ you may vote once a day per device.

Thank you for your support,

Noble Ray
    Last edited by RayVoy; 12-19-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Sadly we've been jockeying for 2nd and 3rd all week...

Noble Surreal

The Shrine Hospitals have won, thanks everyone: http://10millioncharitymiles.com/

Legend

Blog Entries

I just caught this thread...very cool! Congratulations; you were competing against worthy organizations, so I'm sure the win was not easy.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I was very glad that voting daily with every device had favourable results.