GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Mp3 player got stuck in cig lighter adapter. Removed with pliers. Blew fuse?

Hey all, I removed a cig lighter adapter from my ride with a pair of needle nose pliers and now the lighter doesnt work anymore.

I was wondering if i blew a fuse and if so where in the fuse box it is located to replace it.

I looked at the diagram on the cover to the fuse box but couldnt really tell if ACCY was what i needed to replace. there were many of them.

can anyone tell me which fuse i might need to replace if i've blown a fuse because the lighter adapter in my car isnt working anymore.

Blog Entries

just don't go sticking anything in the lighter....I think you could short out even more ....I am not sure where the Fuse for that would be.
    There should be an in-line fuse holder (glass-stlye) as they were designed to blow there instead of at the Main Fuse Box. They work
    off the same principle as other added Outlets in a lot of vehicles now.....good luck Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Let us know what year truck you have someone might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman View Post
    Let us know what year truck you have someone might be able to help.
    x2,000,000

The 99-07 are under the hood that says cigar. I pulled mine mostly cuz I don't use it.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Sorry should've specified its a 2004 Silverado with a Vortech 5.3L if that matters

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Not sure where your fuze will be, under drivers side dash, behind passage side dash or under hood,,, could be marked power point, cig/lighter or acc...
    If it had the actual lighter in in when you got it will be lighter cig, if it had a flip top or rubber cover it will be a power point... hope that helps

Not sure where your fuze will be, under drivers side dash, behind passage side dash or under hood,,, could be marked power point, cig/lighter or acc...
    If it had the actual lighter in in when you got it will be lighter cig, if it had a flip top or rubber cover it will be a power point... hope that helps

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#ixzz25Lvj4dZM
    are you asking what the cigarette lighter outlet looks like? On this particular model it was the one on the left side of the radio, and there is a top that flips over it.

Some have suggested that its in the fuse area under the hood next to cigar. im going to check there first and report back.

ok i just checked the under hood fuse box (originally checked the one on the side of the driver side dash board. found the 15a blue fuse, and noticed it was weathered, but has not melted or broken showing any signs of blowing the fuse. The fuses i had on hand to replace with of the same 15a outsized the little fuse and could not be replaced, just to make sure that suspect fuse was not broken, but being that my replacements were too big i had to leave the old one installed.

i have been having a host of electrical related problems with this truck that i think are related to water[rain] getting into cracked windows (twice) and covering the "twist knob" that operates the lights and dash lights. I have to leave them on "auto" or else if i turn to "on" 9/10 just the running lights come on, and im "headlight-less" until i "push" the knob really hard and it makes contact with whatever is going on in there and then the lights luckily come on (so i leave it in auto) but i'd really like a firm belief in my controls back!
    Last edited by Bowtied; 09-02-2012 at 05:42 PM.

People, come on! Easy fix...check your owner's manual. There will be a diagram in there that takes up a whole page. On the next page will be a list of all the fuses. It will tell you which one goes to the cig lighter. It may also be called something along the lines of an auxiliary power outlet. Worse case scenario, find your fuse boxes and start pulling them out, one by one (putting each one back where you got it before pulling the next one), until you find one that is blown. Replace any that are blown.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by