GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I went to see a 2005 Yukon XL today. I could not figure out how to do anything with the second row seats and neither could the salesperson. The vehicle was also absolutely trashed and not worth the time to go see it, but that's another story. It was a disappointing trip. Looks like I'll have to track down another one to see how the seats work.

Next time you see one:

There is a little fabric tab in the middle of the seat where the bottom and back cushion meet. Pull it up and forward and you can lift the seat bottom out of the way. Then remove the headrest from the seat back, place it in the storage holes in the seat bottom, and fold the seat back forward using the release down by the floor.

The seat bottoms aren't latched down so if you can't find the tab for whatever reason just pull them up some other way.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

With my tahoe..(2000) There is a tab that Jamm3r talked about..You pull it and the seat part lifts and folds forward. then you just push the back of the seat down, and the head rests fold backward. so it actually stays attached... (I actually keep them folded even when the seats are out so they aren't obstructing and of my view..)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post

The trick is how many people want to drive a 22ft long truck vs. an 18ft long burban.
    Thats why I have my tahoe so I can have the covered cargo area, as well as the full four door, long bed dually. AND a trailer. Covered in all ways.. hhaha
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    The trick is how many people want to drive a 22ft long truck vs. an 18ft long burban.
    Me! Me! Ooooo, me!

Note: When looking at properties that have garages I roll out the tape measure and make sure it's at LEAST 21 feet deep as that's the bare minimum to get my truck into a garage -- and that's got mere inches of play at each end.

Well guys, I will soon be the new owner of a used 2006 GMC Yukon XL. It has the second-row bench seat. Gotta wait for paperwork, vehicle transport, etc., but we sure are excited to get it!

Well congrats, it will be fun.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

The Best of Both Worlds..... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	move2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	47991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	47992 Avalanche Baby!!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    The Best of Both Worlds..... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	move2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	47991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	47992 Avalanche Baby!!!
    Were you living in your truck in the second pic because that looks like blankets and a pillow to me....

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Were you living in your truck in the second pic because that looks like blankets and a pillow to me....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0061.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	47993Must have been one of my camping weekends...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12