GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default P0449 Ok what part do I need?

Ok was at the dealer today Got some pics and part numbers to fix this I hope and I can use my Factory Remote start.
    But which one do I need? One part is $26.00 # 25932571 the other I can get for $68.00 # 20995472 this seems to be the part everyone is replacing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	part1.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	47146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	part2.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	47147

The scan says Evap Emission Ctrl Sys Vent Valve Solenoid Circ Error...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Part number 2571 is actually something you can fix yourself, I removed mine this summer as I also had the p0449 code on my 05 silverado. The lid off the top of it comes off, and there is a sponge inside there. Mine was clogged up with dust and dirt, so I removed the sponge and rinsed it thoroughly and blew the canister out with compressed air and the light went out and stayed out, that was 10,000 miles ago.

As far as the other part number, is that for #8 the unit and hoses all in one? I have never messed with that so I don't know, good luck with your truck!

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/noell1947/pbr%20time/
    2004 Chevy Colorado 2wd/4l60e/3.5 Inline 5
    6-PIAA 520 series yellow ion spot lights 85 watts each
    PIAA quattro fog lights w/extreme white/yellow ion bulbs
    Anzo projector headlights/LED turn signals
    LED underbodys 7-color/LED interior lighting
    JET stage 2 performance chip/Magnaflow exhaust S/S
    Recon Big Rig Lights/LED tail lights/3rd brake light
    Putco LED bed lights/BEDRUG
    Goodmark 2" rise Cowl hood/K&N fipk intake
    98-04' Blazer overhead console & floor console
    40/60/40 seat modified to 40/console/40
    33" Cooper Discovery A/T
    16" Pro Comp extreme alloy wheels

Legend

The little filter up by the filler neck I too took apart and cleaned but it did nothing. I also took the hose off of the part by the extra tire and blew through it and nothing..So next is the other part...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I replaced part #10 & #11 in your pictures. The replacement is fairly easy if that is what is wrong. I think I paid about $70 for the kit. No problems since.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

could be #10 or #3. they both look like vent valves, depends on the sytle you have. i have seen water get in these and corrode and split the case as well. typically the "control circuit" code is an electrical concern that "cleaning" will not fix. pretty much it means the circuit is not complete.

some codes depending on the vehicle will set when the vent valve sticks (mechanically and not electrically) typical codes are "large leak" and/or a code that says its venting when it shouldnt be (forget what that code said).
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

Legend

Part #10 is the $65.00 part and the one most have been replacing. 3# is also a part that the service guy said they replace alot too it's about $28.00 He stocks both.. I think I will get part #10 this week and replace it Sat...

you could just climb under there and and see what one you have. plus if given the vin number, the parts guy should be able to tell you exactly what one you need. if you indeed have #10 you will also need a small piece of heater hose (1/2" diameter???) and a couple hose clamps because you will have to cut one hose off i believe some however came with that hose and you just replace it.
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

Legend

I do have both in my truck I am told. He does give all the parts needed for the price so that is good...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evap1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	47318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evap2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	47319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evap3.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	47320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evap1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	47318I took these pics 2 weeks ago..

I just reviewed the email I got from the dealership. The parts #3 and #10 look like what I replaced on mine. Let me know if you got the parts let me know when you want to install them.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

part #3 and part #10 are both vent valves and your truck only has one. by the looks of it you have #10 because otherwise it looks like it would attach directly to your charcole canister and only have one line coming off of it. your pic looks like it has two. thats what it looks like to me anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast