GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Full Sized Lift

Default Full Sized Lift

I wanna talk lifts for these trucks
    Attachment 47182
    See, i understand that the most we lift these trucks, with stock equipment, would be 3" - torsion keys in the front, and blocks in the back
    although, blocks can be dangerous if you do any serious driving or off-roading. they can crack and/or the bolts can sheer

if you go 4" or more, you need to get a frame brace to relocate the A-arms to still allow for proper alignment. and overall, your ground clearance does not improve much in the front. also, then your talking $xxxx kinds of money in equipment, springs, and new shocks!

SO, what kinds of lifts have been done to your 4WD rigs?
    suburban, 2-door, or pickup, doesn't matter.
    What have you done, and what do you like and dislike about it?
    what would you WANT to do, and why?

Right now, i dont like how the ass end sits lower than the front when i pack in the spare tire with a full tank of gas!!! lol i swear that spare is full of water... weighs a ton
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Not really sure what you are looking for. So I will say a few things about what you mentioned. There are many companies that sell 6" kits with blocks. If you are building a mall crawler that would be fine, but as you mentioned if you are really wheeling your truck not the best option. A set of aftermarket springs would be better for that application. Not only will you gain ground clearance (because of the lift) but most will out perform stock springs.
    If you lift the front anything more than 3" new brackets will be needed to keep the geometry. Other wise you will wear out parts significntly faster than they should. Installing a lift kit will not increase ground clearance. I say that because your diffs are not moved. However, installing a lift kit will allow you to install larger tires and that will give you increased ground clearance.
    One option to fix the droopy look of your ride is to install a roadmaster kit. @SurrealOne has one installed on his truck and really likes it. I am not sure how old and how many miles you have on your truck but if a full tank of gas is effecting the rear suspension that much I would think the roadmaster kit would help.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Here's a review thread on the Roadmaster Active Suspension kit that I installed. I bought it to reduce body roll but it has a number of other benefits. Review: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...pension-Review

yeah, more than 3"; which would strain and wear suspension components, is something i want to avoid.

let me ask this though, is there a "shock" i can buy to raise the rear when i load up the tuck? airbags are way too $$$$ and purpose built. this truck needs to remain versatile. it will see highways, and no road at all.

i alos heard that a bodylift my be the "best" way to go with these trucks, cause that will allow for the bigger tires- therefore more ground clearance..... thoughts on body lifts?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm/id/18156/name/58609-Monroe-Loadleveler-Pair-GM-SUVs-

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm/id/18156/name/58609-Monroe-Loadleveler-Pair-GM-SUVs-

found em lol