GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default GMC Sierra Mirror Conversion ~ Power Folding Mirrors Change

OK...other than getting the mirrors and the door controls and re-programming. What else do I have to get to change my mirrors? 2009 Serria 1500 Sl Crew Cab with power & heated mirrors, want the power fold and turn signal ones, Am figuring that the close proximity option would be too much Any help out there?

I think you would be good to go.

Your probably right about the close prox option, would also need side sensors.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

How much are the parts for this? I've been looking to upgrade mine from regular to at least heated with turn signal.
    2012 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3
    Rough Country 2.5' Lift/Level
    Chevy 18's on Toyo Open Country MT 33's
    DiabloSport Trinity Tuner with Custom Tune from Lew
    Debating on AMP Research Powersteps

2008 GMC Sierra WT 4x2 4.3

3" Rough Country Suspension Lift w/Control Arms
    Super 44 Flowmaster Straight Dual Exhaust from the Cat Back with 18" Chrome 3.5" Exhaust Tips.
    Moto Wheels 951 18" on Nitto Mud Grappler 33's
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 System with Kenwood 5.1 amp using Stock Headunit.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyTN View Post
    How much are the parts for this? l.
    I had to buy a new driver's side mirror (heated, turns, puddle light, dimming, power adjust and power folding. The mirror was around $225 US, safe to assume the passenger side would be around the same. I don't know about the control panel.
    Ray

'05 Envoy XL (sold)

Check e-bay, parts are expensive but I figure I'll but a little at a time, also will have to change out the door harness but just the auto dimming will make it worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkeshelton View Post
    also will have to change out the door harness
    Are you sure about this?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkeshelton View Post
    but just the auto dimming will make it worth it!
    This works with the inside mirror. The inside mirror has the sensor and the outside driver's mirror is just a slave. If dimming is missing on the inside mirror, you will need to upgrade it as well.
    Last edited by RayVoy; 12-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Ray

'05 Envoy XL (sold)

I do have an auto dimming rear view mirror, but with the tinted back window and the two windows on the camper shell I'm wondering if it can go into the auto dimming mode? So if the rear view doesn't go into the auto dimming mode the side mirror probably will not either?

Can anyone answer my question about the auto dimming mirrors? If the tinted rear windows on the rear truck window plus the tinted camper shell windows prevent my inside mirror from going into the auto dimming mode will it affect the outside auto dimming feature on the outside mirror?

Your rear view must be in to auto dimming mode for the outside mirrors to do so. The outside mirrors listen to commands from the rear view because they do not have their own sensors. In my 96 Tahoe I don't have a problem with the rear windows being heavily tinted and it messing up the outside mirrors.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

If you can, please post some good pics and maybe a step-by-step if you get this done properly.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today