GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Cool 2001 tahoe blower motor dont alway work

sometime my front blower motor dont work, i need to give a punch ont the top midle dashbord and they came back to life... any idea, do you know for a commun problem in this area...

Usually most blower motor problems are in the area of the speed control module. The blower motor is usually accessible from the cab (but not on all GM trucks), under the dash, behind the glove-box. You may need a new speed control assembly, or the connector pig-tail, or both.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

You may already had it fixed by now if you need heat, but it is the blower motor. The commutator/brushes will wear down where it will stop in a dead spot. Banging the dash may just move the armature just enough to get it to spin. I had it happen on my 2002 Astro. Depending were it is located it is usually not to hard to change out yourself. While your there you might as well change the resistor pack for the three or four speed motor. I had them fail after a few years and usually only one speed (resistor opens) will not work. On my Astro the US made Deco/Remy part was replaced with a unit made in Yugoslavia and made about five times more robust.

yup blower motor is going mine did it in my 95 tahoe same thing had to beat it to start it running again then just died on me
    Bowaddict13 ( Jason) 2005 5.3l GMC seirra 4x4 crew cab 1500, 77 chevy van 350, 87 chevy suburban 350, 94 gmc sonoma 4.3, 96 gmc sonoma hi rider 4.3, Two 95 chevy tahoes both 350s, one red one blue