GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by magic View Post
    12/27/2012 2:29:38 AM
    Hello everyone i am named Magic.
    I am in Southwestern Ontario Canada.
    I have a`97 chev ck 1500 4x4, 4.3 L, 5 speed standard on floor
    There seems to be several issues that I cannot seem to find repairs for.
    The gas meter reads faulty , when it s emty it only reads half full, heater works only on high speed and bails out when I hit bump on the road, and wipers will only work on high speed but some times will work on intermittent if I mess with the switch a bit .
    Iíve replaced the sending unit in the gas can (well not I, but mechanic) and no change.
    Can any one give suggestive solution to any of these problems.
    I have lost some confidence in my mechanic as Iíve spent $ 600.00 into the gas can already
    Many thanks in advance
    Magic
    magic.angel@live.ca
    I would check the resistor for your blower motor. Also check the connector at the blower. My connector melted in my 95 and would stop working over bumps also. I think There was a recall on the wiper motor for that year. there was on my 95. they changed the cover out. It could be a ground issue or the resistor for the wiper motor. you could try removing the wiper motor and cleaning up where it mounts, reconnect it and see if it changes anything. Your fuel gauge issue may actually be the gauge stepper motor in the instrument cluster. (moves the needle) I believe that those do not require soldering to replace and are pretty easy and cheap to do. About $15 and 30 minutes of your time.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

The blower must be the resistor not working properly.

The gas may be caused by a faulty stepper motor in the gauge cluster

I'm not sure what may cause the wipers to act like that. Is any other function on the switch/lever not working?

Also I would check your grounds because all can be caused by a bad ground connection.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

Blog Entries

I moved your thread here and changed the title to fit your questions/topic. Hopefully, this will help you get more responses/opinions.

And Welcome to the Club!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

Blog Entries

If this thread now looks a little confusing/different, it's because I merged three of your threads into this single thread, as they all started with the same topic.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12