GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Black Grill

Default Black Grill

Hello All, new to the forum and enjoying it so far. Was looking to put a matte black grill on the truck. Looking for easy/cheap. Any ideas on what a good route to go might be.

Thanks,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121108_122631.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	47472

Everyone seems to be doing Plastidip. It also has the benefit of peeling away cleanly if you don't like it.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

After spending a difficult day at work surfing the Internet for a solution, plasti dip is the route I am going to take. I will post pics after the weekend. Pretty pumped

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130117_183320.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	48178

Whatcha think?

Looks good.

I had PlastiDip on mine but this summer when i went on a road trip the bugs on it ruined it. When I washed the bugs off there were little holes wherever a bug had been, I think the acids in they're guts reacted with the PlastiDip.

My back bumper lasted longer, but a recent car wash ruined that. The soap reacted with the dip and melted holes in it, so I removed it.

Still have PlastiDip on my Silverado lettering and center caps on my rims.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

We did a buddies grille frnder flares bumpers on a jeep with dupicolor spary on bed liner and has held up nicely. I also did my rims with it but i did acid etching promer first.

i used the dupicolor spray on my wheel wells. first time it didnt hold up, but i went back and sanded everything really well, used more coats and it has held up over a year now. the Plasti dip has held up for about a month, i am going to redo because there are some spots i dont like. . . but if you do around 8 coats, which is a lot, it should hold as long as you need.

Looks good I did the same in my black truck I think up should look into the headlights I have to set off the white on black look