GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default intake manifold gasket priblem

hi there i am new to the club i have 98 chevy k1500 with the vortec 350 that has 212000 miles on it the last week i started losing antifreze
    i thought i had a rad leak .the other day the truck idle funny so i check the oil & it was part antifreze .Do i have a bad intake gasket or did i blow a head gasket the truck was not over heated any ideals?

thanks crazyforgms

You have a very major leak if water is in the oil.... Water in the oil can mean the end of an engine if you don't fix it immediately. It could be either. You may have to remove the head and intake. You will also have to drain the oil and coolant. You will also have to complacently flush the oil to try to get the water out.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

thanks for replying i am not driveing it i drain the oil & had the truck towed to the shop i bought it from i hope it is not a head gasket

All they have to do is check the compression of each cylinder. Still it is gonna be expensive to fix.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Any funny color smoke coming from the exhaust when it was running??
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

monday my buddy & i took the intake off my truck .after we removed the intake you could see were the gasket failed ,we clean the inside of the engine replace the gasket & reinstalled the intake the truck runs like new thanks for the help

happy motoring

Quote Originally Posted by crazyforgms View Post
    monday my buddy & i took the intake off my truck .after we removed the intake you could see were the gasket failed ,we clean the inside of the engine replace the gasket & reinstalled the intake the truck runs like new thanks for the help

happy motoring

I hope you spent the extra money and got the better, upgraded gasket..
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Happy to hear your truck is fixed. You should try to do a write up on it.