GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need Help With A Tire Size Please

Hey Guys, New to here. I know everybody probably asks tire questions all the time but I can't seem to find the info I need, and Tires are too Damn expensive to buy and find out they rub hard or just a little.
    The question at hand- I have a 2012 2500Hd Crew Cab and just bought a leveling kit and new wheels. The wheels are 8.5"x18 and have 5 3/16 backspacing nearest that I can measure. I am looking at a set of 325/60/18 tires and really don't want to do a whole lot more lifting because of my trailer height that I need to be under (no 4" lift). I was just wondering if anybody has used a tire that size on a newer '11 or '12 truck or if the 07,08,09,10 trucks have the same kind of clearance. I Have never had so much trouble deciding what size of tire to use, pulling my hair out here......

I don't know about the 2012 but I'm sure there is someone here that can help you. Welcome to the club.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Legend

Where do you live???
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Legend

Blog Entries

Given your rim change and addition of the leveling kit (especially since you did not mention the size of your kit), it may be difficult for anyone to provide you a 100% accurate answer. So just in case you do not find out......

Many tire shops will mount one of the tires on your rim and check to ensure you get the fit you want. When I purchased my tires, they were more than willing to do that for free given I was getting ready to spend about $1200 with them. And I am glad they did, as the initial size I wanted did rub. If you have the ability to check before you buy, it will help tremendously.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

My lift is at 2" over stock and can go to 3"