GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default side mirrors and front doors windows problems

Hi? i have 2000 suburban lt 2500 6.0l. both front door windows are not working and both side mirrors are not working. i need help. where should i start and how to fix these problems.

when do i have to use the tow/haul bottom? is there a weight capacity to use it?

should i add an air intake or just buy a filter and replace the old filter and which air intake or filter should i buy?

Quote Originally Posted by rzkas View Post
    Hi? i have 2000 suburban lt 2500 6.0l. both front door windows are not working and both side mirrors are not working. i need help. where should i start and how to fix these problems.

when do i have to use the tow/haul bottom? is there a weight capacity to use it?

should i add an air intake or just buy a filter and replace the old filter and which air intake or filter should i buy?

****On the Front Windows-n-Side Mirror's not working......Check the fuses both 1st, if the fuses are O.K.....then Check Connections going to both the Window and Side Mirror Switches on the Front Door Panels.....

****On the Tow Haul, and when to use it,

The purpose of the Tow/Haul Mode is to:
    ***Reduce the frequency and improve the predictability of Transmission shifts when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load.
    ***Provide the same solid shift feel when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load as when the vehicle is unloaded.
    ***Improve control of vehicle speed while requiring less throttle pedal activity when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load.

Automatic Transmission equipped vehicles are provided with a button at the end of the shift lever which when pressed enables Tow/Haul.
    ***When the button is pressed, the Tow/Haul has been selected. Tow/haul may be turned off by pressing the button again, at which time the indicator light on the instrument panel will turn off.
    ***The Vehicle will automatically turn off Tow/Haul every time it is started.
    ***Tow/Haul is designed to be most effective when the vehicle and trailer combined weight is at least 75% of the vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR).

Tow/Haul is most useful under the following driving conditions:
    ***When pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load through rolling terrain.
    ***When pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load in stop and go traffic.
    ***When pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load in busy parking lots where improved low speed control of the vehicle is desired.

***Operating the Vehicle in Tow/Haul when lightly loaded or with no trailer at all will not cause damage.
    ***However, there is No Benefit to the Selection of Tow/Haul when the Vehicle is unloaded.
    ***Such a Selection when unloaded may Result in Unpleasant Engine and Transmission driving characteristics and Reduced Fuel Economy.
    ***Tow/Haul is Recommended only when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

hi? i replaced both front windows regulators today. both front windows works but i am still having a problem with side mirrors. where can i locate the side mirrors fuse

If I had to guess I would say that it is the switch. I don't know where the fuse is located. I should be in the panel on the driver side of the dash.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Switches do get dirt and water in them all the time. I would just take them out and look at the connectors. Maybe take some lite sand paper and WD-40 to them. But it could also be on the inside of the switch If so then replacing it will do..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X