GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Warning on E15 fuel. Corrosive and dangerous for older cars and trucks. (Video)

This was just sent to me from a friend at CBS Sports.. And he is a Car Nut...

Last edited by Enkeiavalanche; 01-03-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

So I don't have to worry because they don't have E-15 or E85 in CT. But all gas contains 10% ethanol... Tahoe no like..

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Thanks for the head's up! It is good and useful information to know. I hope "the word" gets out to the more folk to avoid as problems as possible.

This is just a fear-mongering FOX news thing. These ladies don't know what they're talking about, and if AAA and these car manufacturers were all saying not to use it and it will void your warranty, there's certainly a much deeper explanation and reasoning behind it. Also, the EPA has been testing E15 for years and trying to push it through to approval, so saying that there's no or little testing on it is just plain nonsense. Right there along with the stainless steel tanks because it's so corrosive. I wonder were she got that idea. I'm sorry, but these two ladies just don't know what they're talking about.

Blog Entries

E-15 is just a stupid idea, sigh but it's here to stay it looks like, until millions of people have massive fuel systems problems and run screaming to their representatives for some relief.
    Clint
    Rockwall, Texas

2008 Suburban 4WD BEAST! plus a couple of other Chevy rides!

87 or bust for me...

In Michigan we have E85 but, no E15. I will not run e-85 because the loss in fuel economy does not justify the price difference. Actually, occasionally you will see E85 at higher prices than 87.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by dobey View Post
    This is just a fear-mongering FOX news thing. These ladies don't know what they're talking about, and if AAA and these car manufacturers were all saying not to use it and it will void your warranty, there's certainly a much deeper explanation and reasoning behind it. Also, the EPA has been testing E15 for years and trying to push it through to approval, so saying that there's no or little testing on it is just plain nonsense. Right there along with the stainless steel tanks because it's so corrosive. I wonder were she got that idea. I'm sorry, but these two ladies just don't know what they're talking about.
    It is sad that a liberal has to try and make this about Fox News. I guess that Fox News must have been responsible for the car manufactures to put out that warning also. So I guess dobey knows more than the manufactures of these autos?

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    It is sad that a liberal has to try and make this about Fox News. I guess that Fox News must have been responsible for the car manufactures to put out that warning also. So I guess dobey knows more than the manufactures of these autos?
    Really? Where's the warning? I own several cars, and have had AAA membership for over a decade, but I have received none of the claimed warnings from either of them. The manfuacturers listed in this piece, all have to produce vehicles capable of handling up to 25% ethanol mix for foreign markets anyway. Any clamoring in the US has some other issue behind it. If the so called "reporters" would actually do some journalism, they might actually discover what it is. They're probably trying to avert their own responsibility for using cheaper parts for the US market where the 25% mixture requirement doesn't exist yet, by making such warnings, or making a typical push against the government for something their lobbyists failed to accomplish. Simple searches on the Internet will lead you to much more information, which is much more correct, than the two spout in this video.

For one thing, they really need to learn what the meaning of "corrosive" is. Using it in place of "dessicant" to push an agenda of fear, is not journalism. Hell, NASCAR started out from people racing to sell their illegal ethanol and outrun the cops.

all our fuel here is 10% ethanol but no E85 or E15, I run super premium fuel in all my vehicles, aswell as use Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment and Injector Cleanor.

I tell ya what though I had my 69 nova out back in the summer of 2010 and it ran like dog **** the ETH fuel. 'cuse my french.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by