GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by rwperkinsjr View Post
    I guess instead of dragging them behind a Chevy we should make the Democrites drive a Ford!

This guy is an obvious psychopathic moron that should be yanked from his job and someone with some control and common sense should be implemented. Scary that people like this are running our country and controlling our lives.
    Hey, we got your first post ever on this site on this topic! #happydays

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    So he's advocating violence to get his point across but only as long as said violence is not committed with a gun, what jerk off, he must be a stringer for the New York Times, another group of jerk offs.
    There is a real psychological condition called Hoplophobia , where anything rational like violence or death doesn't matter, only the insane fear of an inanimate object (a gun) overrides any logic or reason.

If someone said "I am afraid of toothbrushes, I've never used a toothbrush, Ive never touched a toothbrush, I won't allow toothbrushes in my home, and I will stop being friends with someone if I find out they own a toothbrush"; you'd think they were bat**** crazy.

But if they replace "toothbrush" with "gun" they're hailed by the media and by "one side" of the political debate in this country, as enlightened geniuses.

But its still just as looney.

So Im sure your referring to the Sandy Hook shooting about if someone is "SANE" enough to own one...Was his mother not the person who owned the weapons????? Was she not SANE? Was she not the "Owner" of Legally purchased Rifle who had to go through several background checks and were they not legally registered to her?? It doesn't excuse the tragedy that took place but I think we should sit back and look at our lives before we condemn guns.. Today's culture is an evil one take this piece of **** writing about dragging people behind trucks...

The article just goes to prove that liberals are the most closed minded people that I have ever met. The members of my family that have died from causes other than old age have been alcohol and automobile related. But I don't blame the bottle or the cars. I guess I could blame the alcohol, and suggest that we ban it entirely. Oh, wait, we tried that, and it only lead to increased drinking. Maybe we should just ban the purchase of high capacity alcohol. Do you really need to buy a keg, Mr. Jones? Do you really need to buy a thirty pack, Mr. Smith? Can't you just get by with no more than 6 cans at a time? Total bans have never worked on anything they were tried on. Premarital sex, extramarital sex, underage drinking, marijuana, cocaine, and the list goes on. But we will not learn from the mistakes of the past, only repeat them.
    2001 K2500HD 6.6 Turbo 2" lift, Fass, extended cab, short bed, full synthetics

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Megasaurus View Post
    wow, that's a knee-jerk reaction if ive ever seen one. no one is anything but heartbroken about all of this, but how about the other 15,000 murders per year in the US, which is per-capital very nearly the same as it is in the UK and far less than in most of the rest of the world.

What's the deal with the chevy truck reference though? I don't get it.
    What a stupid statement to make. Actually in the USA there are 30,000 gun deaths each year and 9,000 of those are suicides. Having a gun in the house increases the odds of someone taking their own life by 700%. Compare that to Canada where they average 150 gun deaths each year. The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).

If you think it is fun to own a gun and OK for 30,000 men, women, and children to be shot to death each and every year in this country then go ahead and say so. Don't try to rationalize your cowboy attitude and fabricate fake facts. Leave that to the politicians and the lobbyists and NRA who are all on the payroll of the gun companies.

I have owned guns most of my life but I do not for a second think that there is any justification for anyone to own an assault rifle or for 5 different models to be available for sale at 1700 Wal-Mart stores across the country. Up until the Vietnam War soldiers used clips that held far fewer rounds than the 10-shot clips proposed as a maximum and nobody who needs a 10-round clip is a "hunter" only a Rambo wanna be seriously lacking in maturity.

Forget Sandy Hook, in Chicago alone over the past 3 years more than 300 children have been shot and killed. Explain to me how this is less important than the profits of the gun manufacturers because this has nothing to do with the Second Amendment which specifically refers to state militias, and everything to do with making money. Remington alone sold more than one million firearms last year and more than 1 billion rounds of ammunition.

Lets face it if anyone thinks that owning a gun is going to offer any protection when the feds or the CIA come to take them away then they slept through Waco and Ruby Ridge. No citizen can stand up to the firepower of even most city police departments which have become heavily militarized. Add in the simple fact that most people are shot by people they know and not strangers - inconvenient but true.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhornsun View Post

If you think it is fun to own a gun and OK for 30,000 men, women, and children to be shot to death each and every year in this country then go ahead and say so. Don't try to rationalize your cowboy attitude and fabricate fake facts. Leave that to the politicians and the lobbyists and NRA who are all on the payroll of the gun companies.
    how many people die in auto related deaths? How many die in alcohol combined with auto deaths? If needless deaths were our true concern, we would have baid devices in all autos, period.

I have owned guns most of my life but I do not for a second think that there is any justification for anyone to own an assault rifle
    define assault rifle for me. What is acceptable for a citizen to own? So it is ok for me to own a tool that can only kill ten people at a time, but 30 is not?

this has nothing to do with the Second Amendment which specifically refers to state militias, and everything to do with making money.
    this has everything to do with the 2nd amendment. Funny how you seem to be an expert on the interpretation of the 2nd amendment when people arguably far more qualified for the job disagree with you. I tell you what, if you are so willing to throw the 2nd amendment to the wind, you won't mind doing so with the 4th and due process? I mean, in the name of safety, why should we let the "amendments" get in the way?

Lets face it if anyone thinks that owning a gun is going to offer any protection when the feds or the CIA come to take them away then they slept through Waco and Ruby Ridge. No citizen can stand up to the firepower of even most city police departments which have become heavily militarized. Add in the simple fact that most people are shot by people they know and not strangers - inconvenient but true.
    Please show me one case where the CIA has ever went to a house to remove weapons. I think you watch too many movies. As far as Waco goes, how well did that work out for the LE officers there? Waco was a huge tragedy for LE and they learned a tough lesson that day.

05 1500, 4x4, 5.3, trailer package, G80.

Custom backup camera and double din dvd

What a stupid statement to make. Actually in the USA there are 30,000 gun deaths each year and 9,000 of those are suicides. Having a gun in the house increases the odds of someone taking their own life by 700%. Compare that to Canada where they average 150 gun deaths each year. The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

According to this source there were under 15k murders in the US in 2012, if I understand it correctly. There is a break-down by state and it looks like some of the violence coming up from Mexico (where gun laws are very strict, but they have a very high murder rate per capital).

I got my first BB gun at 8 for christmas, a .410 shotgun at 12 when i got my small game which soon was replaced by a 20 guage, at 16 My father bought me a 12 guage and I got my first rifle in the fall of 2011 when I killed my first moose.

My family was raised around firearms but although they can be recreational and fun, make no mistake they are not toys. They are tools designed to kill and thats just what they'll do to what ever is on the other side of them. I wasn't given guns. I was entrusted with them. I was taught at a young age that with the priveledge of being entrusted with such powerful tools comes a lot of responsibility and respect that is demanded of them.

I refer to them as tools, though they are weapons, they are simply a tool. A tool is something used to increase efficiency. Much like the shovel lets you dig a hole easier than using your hands, or a car lets you go somewhere faster than walking, or a chainsaw lets you cut a tree down faster than using an axe.

The shovel, the car, and the chainsaw will sit in your garage all day long and no holes will get dug, the car will travel no place, and no trees will be cut down, some may occaisonally fall down however.. but the point im making is that it is not until the human element comes into the equation that the tools become active.

A gun will sit on a shelf all day long and not a single shot will be fired until someone picks that gun up, turns the safety off and pulls the trigger.

Although what happened at that school, aswell as many others across the country, was a tragedy, People need to realize that its not the gun that was the killer. It was the mentally incompitent individual who was using it.

Guns Don't Kill People. People Kill People.

And to think that any law will stop that is just ludacris. if you choose to believe this nonsense just walk down the streets of compton,CA.. Harlem,NY or any other ghetto in this country. Robbery, Murder and the Sale of Narcotics are all illegal here so fear not buddy you'll be fine!!

WOW, take a look at this: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Deaths and Mortality

(Data are for the U.S. and are final 2009 data; For the most recent preliminary data seeDeaths: Preliminary Data for 2011 [PDF - 1.7 MB])

• Number of deaths: 2,437,163
    • Death rate: 793.8 deaths per 100,000 population
    • Life expectancy: 78.5 years
    • Infant Mortality rate: 6.39 deaths per 1,000 live births

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

• Heart disease: 599,413
    • Cancer: 567,628
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
    • Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
    • Diabetes: 68,705
    • Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2009, tables 1, 7, 10, 20 [PDF - 2.1 MB]

@elkhornsun

I was going to say something but...Oh, the hell with it. It's simply not worth arguing with you.