GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21

    Default

    You asked: "What type of Chevy truck would be best for this?"

    Here are my thoughts:

    I don’t think this so called journalist or anyone who is like-minded would be caught dead behind the wheel of a gas (or diesel) guzzling, global warming (err, I mean climate changing), mean (because it’s too big and heavy and “not fair” to the little cars on the road) truck. I would think the vehicle of choice for the Anti-America leftist would be a vega-matic, make believe car, preferably one that runs on sunshine or rainbows or bean sprouts, with a “Mean People Suck” and “Co-Exist” bumper stickers on the back. That being said, such a vehicle wouldn’t have the ability to drag anyone around.
    Last edited by JAL1959; 01-07-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: spacing of paragraphs

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elkhornsun View Post
    I have owned guns most of my life but I do not for a second think that there is any justification for anyone to own an assault rifle or for 5 different models to be available for sale at 1700 Wal-Mart stores across the country. Up until the Vietnam War soldiers used clips that held far fewer rounds than the 10-shot clips proposed as a maximum and nobody who needs a 10-round clip is a "hunter" only a Rambo wanna be seriously lacking in maturity.
    Should we be able to have assault weapons? Absolutely -- even fully automatic ones. Why? Some context is in order. The second Amendment reads: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

    First, it is the word 'militia' that is the object of the adjective "well-regulated" in that verbiage -- not firearms. We're talking about the foundation of our law, here, so sentence structure and verbiage count and that verbiage gives the federal government the ability to regulate the militia ... but does NOT confer the ability to undercut the right to keep and bear arms, itself, because it clearly says the right "shall not be infringed". I would argue that we (the populace, i.e. the militia) are pretty well-regulated, as it is, today.

    But isnt the militia the military? No. Recall that there was no standing army in the day of our founding fathers. Militia were every day people who had the same ranged weaponry available to them (namely muskets and pistols and in some very wealthy cases, cannon) as their British rulers. These every day people had been denied the ability to legally possess firearms by the British government once the colonies began to revolt -- in the hope of denying the colonies the ability to rebel against a government the colonial populace viewed as tyrannical.

    This is the key reason the populace (even today, regardless of our government possessing a standing army -- ESPECIALLY since our government has a standing army) should be able to own every/any type of small arm (which includes rifles and even machine guns, today) that our federally-funded military fields ... so that it can be used against that federally-funded military in the event that our populace comes to view our federal government as tyrannical and that federally-funded military is turned against us.

    An armed man is a citizen -- whereas an unarmed man is merely a subject. The founders of this country lived that mantra, yet today it is only rhetoric to most people. Governments should fear their people, not the other way around...

    Note: The 1934 legislation that banned civilian ownership of fully-automatic firearms as well as 4ga and 2ga shotguns (basically small, man-portable cannon) has already infringed on our Second Amendment rights ... and given our government the upper hand. If our government turns on us we'd have to fight it asymetrically, now ... instead of symmetrically.

    Surreal

    P.S. As a nearly life-long firearm owner I'd expect you to know the difference between a magazine and a clip ... and not use them interchangeably since they aren't.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 01-07-2013 at 12:48 PM.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elkhornsun View Post
    What a stupid statement to make. Actually in the USA there are 30,000 gun deaths each year and 9,000 of those are suicides. Having a gun in the house increases the odds of someone taking their own life by 700%. Compare that to Canada where they average 150 gun deaths each year. The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).

    If you think it is fun to own a gun and OK for 30,000 men, women, and children to be shot to death each and every year in this country then go ahead and say so. Don't try to rationalize your cowboy attitude and fabricate fake facts. Leave that to the politicians and the lobbyists and NRA who are all on the payroll of the gun companies.

    I have owned guns most of my life but I do not for a second think that there is any justification for anyone to own an assault rifle or for 5 different models to be available for sale at 1700 Wal-Mart stores across the country. Up until the Vietnam War soldiers used clips that held far fewer rounds than the 10-shot clips proposed as a maximum and nobody who needs a 10-round clip is a "hunter" only a Rambo wanna be seriously lacking in maturity.

    Forget Sandy Hook, in Chicago alone over the past 3 years more than 300 children have been shot and killed. Explain to me how this is less important than the profits of the gun manufacturers because this has nothing to do with the Second Amendment which specifically refers to state militias, and everything to do with making money. Remington alone sold more than one million firearms last year and more than 1 billion rounds of ammunition.

    Lets face it if anyone thinks that owning a gun is going to offer any protection when the feds or the CIA come to take them away then they slept through Waco and Ruby Ridge. No citizen can stand up to the firepower of even most city police departments which have become heavily militarized. Add in the simple fact that most people are shot by people they know and not strangers - inconvenient but true.
    First off, if someone wants to commit suicide they they are going to do it unless institutionalized. The lack of a firearm is not going to stop anyone from taking their own life.

    I don't believe you've owned firearms all your life if you call magazines "clips". The term "clip" is what newbs, movie makers, and the un-educated call a firearm magazine.

    The city of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the US, yet they have a LOT of violent crimes committed with a firearm. Goes to show you that restrictive legislation is NOT the answer.

    So you think we as citizens should just bend 100% to the will of local and federal authorities? Last time I checked the politicians serve the people, not the other way around.

  4. #24

    Default

    I live in Illinois, where there is no concealed carry, Yet I will not travel to Chicago, East St. Louis, or Peoria unless I am carrying a weapon with me. I do not have the privilege of staying in only the affluent,safe communities. I like more than ten rounds available, because the politicians have yet to limit the gangs to fewer than ten members.
    2001 K2500HD 6.6 Turbo 2" lift, Fass, extended cab, short bed, full synthetics

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAL1959 View Post
    You asked: "What type of Chevy truck would be best for this?"

    Here are my thoughts:

    I don’t think this so called journalist or anyone who is like-minded would be caught dead behind the wheel of a gas (or diesel) guzzling, global warming (err, I mean climate changing), mean (because it’s too big and heavy and “not fair” to the little cars on the road) truck. I would think the vehicle of choice for the Anti-America leftist would be a vega-matic, make believe car, preferably one that runs on sunshine or rainbows or bean sprouts, with a “Mean People Suck” and “Co-Exist” bumper stickers on the back. That being said, such a vehicle wouldn’t have the ability to drag anyone around.
    You forgot a buy local sticker on their foreign car while they wear their chinese clothes and buy dog food from China as well. Never mind I went too far. Someone like that would be a cat person. lol (btw I get 90% my clothing from AllAmericanClothing.com the rest I do amazon.com searches for USA made or check labels.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Should we be able to have assault weapons? Absolutely -- even fully automatic ones. Why? Some context is in order. The second Amendment reads: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

    First, it is the word 'militia' that is the object of the adjective "well-regulated" in that verbiage -- not firearms. We're talking about the foundation of our law, here, so sentence structure and verbiage count and that verbiage gives the federal government the ability to regulate the militia ... but does NOT confer the ability to undercut the right to keep and bear arms, itself, because it clearly says the right "shall not be infringed". I would argue that we (the populace, i.e. the militia) are pretty well-regulated, as it is, today.

    But isnt the militia the military? No. Recall that there was no standing army in the day of our founding fathers. Militia were every day people who had the same ranged weaponry available to them (namely muskets and pistols and in some very wealthy cases, cannon) as their British rulers. These every day people had been denied the ability to legally possess firearms by the British government once the colonies began to revolt -- in the hope of denying the colonies the ability to rebel against a government the colonial populace viewed as tyrannical.

    This is the key reason the populace (even today, regardless of our government possessing a standing army -- ESPECIALLY since our government has a standing army) should be able to own every/any type of small arm (which includes rifles and even machine guns, today) that our federally-funded military fields ... so that it can be used against that federally-funded military in the event that our populace comes to view our federal government as tyrannical and that federally-funded military is turned against us.

    An armed man is a citizen -- whereas an unarmed man is merely a subject. The founders of this country lived that mantra, yet today it is only rhetoric to most people. Governments should fear their people, not the other way around...

    Note: The 1934 legislation that banned civilian ownership of fully-automatic firearms as well as 4ga and 2ga shotguns (basically small, man-portable cannon) has already infringed on our Second Amendment rights ... and given our government the upper hand. If our government turns on us we'd have to fight it asymetrically, now ... instead of symmetrically.

    Surreal

    P.S. As a nearly life-long firearm owner I'd expect you to know the difference between a magazine and a clip ... and not use them interchangeably since they aren't.

    Buy Made in USA, The job you save just might be your own.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E_HILLMAN View Post
    You forgot a buy local sticker on their foreign car while they wear their chinese clothes and buy dog food from China as well. Never mind I went too far. Someone like that would be a cat person. lol (btw I get 90% my clothing from AllAmericanClothing.com the rest I do amazon.com searches for USA made or check labels.

    - - - Updated - - -




    No you did not go too far. It was a pleasure to see someone else that knows the value of buying American. I too am a bit anal about buying American made or at least an American company. Thanks for the heads up on AllAmericanClothing.com The site looks great and I can't wait to get some money so I can buy some clothing from there.


    2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Writer & Content Developer Needed (Compensated)
    By ChevyFan in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last: 10-16-2013, 12:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last: 08-20-2010, 04:00 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last: 07-02-2010, 06:50 PM
  4. 1 dead after overnight crash - Montgomery County Newspaper
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Corvette Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last: 12-17-2009, 05:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •