GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Make NRA illegal & tie Republicans to the back of a Chevy Truck : Des Moines Register

I thought that it was pretty humorous that this writer happened to mention "Chevy Trucks" in his written tirade. I'll cut the guy some slack, he's living life with his emotions on his sleeve and the Sandy Hook shooting was pretty horrible.

Plus, he probably drives a smart car that gets stuck in the snow. I'll lift the sometimes-enforced ban on politics for this one.

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders

Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.

In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published this junk on December 29.

"I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he wrote. Is that a threatening James Byrd reference? "And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures," he continued.

This was how he spelled out the other agenda items, which included killing NRA members who wouldn't surrender their arms:

"Here, then, is my “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore” program for ending gun violence in America:

• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me."

The so-called "news" media love to blame conservatives for the declining civility of our democratic discourse, but the hateful venom spewed by supposedly enlightened liberals like Kaul is as vicious as it gets.

Publishing death threats is bad enough, but doing so in the name of promoting a more peaceful, compassionate society is beyond sick. But this clown will probably never realize the absurdity of his argument.

Tim Graham is director of media analysis at the Media Research Center and senior editor of MRC’s blog NewsBusters.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2GrLDK1cQ
    Anyone have some thoughts? What type of Chevy truck would be best for this? Please, anyone.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

He's just a little nuts....... I believe in the 2nd amendment, but I also believe that you need to be certified to own any fire for safety's sake and so we know that person is sane enough to own one.
    @SurrealOne will have a field day with this one

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Blog Entries

wow, that's a knee-jerk reaction if ive ever seen one. no one is anything but heartbroken about all of this, but how about the other 15,000 murders per year in the US, which is per-capital very nearly the same as it is in the UK and far less than in most of the rest of the world.

What's the deal with the chevy truck reference though? I don't get it.
    Clint
    Rockwall, Texas

2008 Suburban 4WD BEAST! plus a couple of other Chevy rides!

So he's advocating violence to get his point across but only as long as said violence is not committed with a gun, what jerk off, he must be a stringer for the New York Times, another group of jerk offs.

:O! Uneducated?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Anyone have some thoughts?
    I normally keep my posts pretty clean but I decided to be a little edgy with this response because Donald Kaul has clearly been eating too much of this for breakfast:
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 01-02-2013 at 11:40 PM.

"If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me." I pick this quote I take it personal........ for one thing you can sure as hell try ....key word is TRY .... ive fought for this country my brother fights for this country my aunt, uncle, gradfather, and a few cousins fight for this country i know i speak for all of them when i say go ahead and TRY LMAO..... and as far as the truck im thinking a c5500 crew cab pickup you know like IRONHIDE from transformers just to get my point across .... dont they get it if a felon or the evil doers want a gun they get one .... all us other folks who purchase a gun legally are not the problem everyone else is ... oh and you can be d@#n sure my 10 and 12 year old and wife all have their own and know how to use and respect them ... NOONE will ever pry and thing from this mans cold dead hand!!!!
    Bowaddict13 ( Jason) 2005 5.3l GMC seirra 4x4 crew cab 1500, 77 chevy van 350, 87 chevy suburban 350, 94 gmc sonoma 4.3, 96 gmc sonoma hi rider 4.3, Two 95 chevy tahoes both 350s, one red one blue

Default Get behind the gun...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I thought that it was pretty humorous that this writer happened to mention "Chevy Trucks" in his written tirade. I'll cut the guy some slack, he's living life with his emotions on his sleeve and the Sandy Hook shooting was pretty horrible.

Plus, he probably drives a smart car that gets stuck in the snow. I'll lift the sometimes-enforced ban on politics for this one.

Anyone have some thoughts? What type of Chevy truck would be best for this? Please, anyone.
    Well as a professional fly fishing guide for many years in the wilds of Alaska I had the honor of guiding many folks from all walks of life. Lawyers, doctors, movie stars, movie directors, NFL team owners, famous race drivers, Army Generals, on and on....... This is my take on guns. I never met a one who did not get behind the guide (with the gun) when big old grizzly bears were in our path. I tried to avoid politics if at all possible but it appears there is little difference when true danger is involved. I suspect Mr Kaul would have been behind me in a flash too.

I really feel bad for the families of the folks involved in any such tragedy. And I would turn in all my guns if I thought one child could be saved by such an act. However, it is not now nor never has been the instrument that is to blame for any such tragedy. Unfortunately the biggest cause of these tragedies is the way our children are growing up. Due to the lack of Christian leadership in our homes and schools, the absolute absence of discipline and respect demanded from our children, this situation can only get worse. It doesn't take a gun or bullets to kill. It only take the will of someone who is mentally disturbed enough to want to kill. Bombs are quite easily constructed from many every day substances and are no less lethal. Anyone with a computer can go online and learn how. Don't blame the guns, the baseball bats, the cars or any other object. Blame ourselves for letting the Democrats take over our schools, colleges and government. Yes we should drag the Republicans behind the truck of choice.... for letting the liberals take over our world. I choose a 72 Chevy 4x4.

I guess instead of dragging them behind a Chevy we should make the Democrites drive a Ford!

This guy is an obvious psychopathic moron that should be yanked from his job and someone with some control and common sense should be implemented. Scary that people like this are running our country and controlling our lives.
    Last edited by rwperkinsjr; 01-05-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

DVD, 4x4, OnStar, CD Changer, Curb View, etc.

I don't have this many gadgets in my house!

Livermore, CA USA 3741'24.33" 12145'47.49"

According to FBI crime statistics, more people died from being beat to death with a hammer than from an injury from a firearm of any type. But try to convince these moron about the facts and their brains shut off.
    Chuck Harding <cdharding@comcast.net>
    Black 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SL Crew Cab "Chuck's Big Black Truck"
    Livermore, CA USA http://www.harding-family.org
    ICBM Coords: 3741'24.33"N 12145'42.49"W
    K6CKT ARRL DOD #1408 Ten-Ten #75815 NAQCC#1379

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by