GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Does anyone know if build plates are used anymore.

I have a 2012 Silverado and the window sticker did not have any options codes listed. I cannot find any plate or sticker, such as, so I know what the engine is other than 5.3L iron block (LM?) and other options from the factory.

Legend

Blog Entries

Check the inside of your glove box and you should see a sticker. At least that's where it's located in my truck.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Heh, I read the title of this and was like 'what's a build plate?' I had no idea that was a term applied to the RPO code listing in the glovvie.

type your vin into this site: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php It will tell you what all of the RPO codes mean. It tells you everything that your truck rolled out of the factory with. Gear ratio, engine, alternator size, tire size, ...........

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Heh, I read the title of this and was like 'what's a build plate?' I had no idea that was a term applied to the RPO code listing in the glovvie.
    Thanks, I did not know that they are called RPO but at one time they were a metal plate riveted on the firewall. The car would be build on the codes listed so I assume it was called a build plate for lack of a better term. Most options were coded and sometimes there would be a plate near the radiator mount (70's).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    type your vin into this site: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php It will tell you what all of the RPO codes mean. It tells you everything that your truck rolled out of the factory with. Gear ratio, engine, alternator size, tire size, ...........
    Great, I'll bookmark it.
    Thanks

Legend

with the glove box RPO codes then go here to lookup the vehicles OEM equipment

http://www.marshu.com/images-website...-car-codes.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by WorthFlorida View Post
    Thanks, I did not know that they are called RPO but at one time they were a metal plate riveted on the firewall. The car would be build on the codes listed so I assume it was called a build plate for lack of a better term. Most options were coded and sometimes there would be a plate near the radiator mount (70's).
    Haha, and there would be a paper copy under the rear seat cushion.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)