GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Some new lights on my truck

Hey guys, installed some new lighting products on my truck and just thought I would share, let me know what you think!
    All products from Recon.

High Beams - Diamond White 4600k

Low Beams/Fog Lights - Diamond white 4600k

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Reverse

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Turn Signal

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Running Light

Running Lights - Smoked Roof Lights

I love it. Your truck is one of the sharpest I've ever seen. If I could change one thing about my truck, it'd be the paint it the 'laser blue'.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Awesome job!! Very clean look, and you picked the best lighting on the market. Back when I had mad money I bought all RECON lights, but now I buy cheap EBAY lights and they suck but they do the job lol!!!

Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate it! I'm very happy with how everything turned out...I like the "clean" look as you said, I feel like there isn't "too much" going on.

How about some opinions for this....

I was thinking about going back to the black grille and bull bar and adding some piaa 520 ATP's. What do you think?

Also, in order to match up with the smoked roof lights and third brake light I as thinking about the smoked taillights from recon as well. I am second guessing myself however because I don't want to do too much and make it look gaudy....think it might look funny from the side. What do you guys think?

I think it looks nicer with the chrome.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Looks great

I say yes to black grille but no to the bull bar and lights. And the smoked taillights might actually look good on there. One other thing I say take the dealer sticker off the tailgate.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Thanks for the input! No go on the bull bar huh? Any particular reason?

I was thinking bull bar and lights because I recently went through some trails near my house in the dark and some additional lights would have been helpful! Do you think it's too much?

As much as I agree with you about this sticker...it has to stay. I'm helping out with advertisement because I work there!
    That is actually the sticker that goes on the horse trailers.."Sparta Chevrolet and Trailer Sales"...the ones we put on vehicles are much smaller, but like I said, its advertising!

Legend
    Blog Entries

I think the chrome looks sharp on your truck, I would do the bullbar and the piaa lights. I might be biased though, because I had that exact setup on my last truck, the 520's are a nice light, I swapped my bulbs out for the 100w yellow ion bulbs and they were bright.

See I love the chrome too but the other grille still is mostly chrome, just black mesh...I figured it would go nice with my black mirrors. I don't know though...just trying to get some opinions thrown around! You don't think a chrome bull bar and my current setup will be too much chrome in one area? Glad to hear that about the 520's! Thanks for the reply!

just beautiful. For your LED bar, make sure it is sealed well. I had one and it lasted just a couple months. Humidity got the best of it and shorted it out.
    -K&N Air Filter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by