GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Very Sweet Lifted Cladded Av for sale.. Check this out!!!!

Check this out....http://www.bouncepoelo.com/cars/NJ/W.../39692076.html

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/3524853704.html
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Looks pretty nice overall, looks like a lot of money spend on the suspension. Just needs wider rims and bigger tires and lose those steps.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

IMHO there's such a thing as going too far with visual mods ... and I feel that truck has several examples of it. I guess I prefer more subtlety, as what's been done to that truck is (to me) in the same class as putting big shiny 24's with spinners, stretched low profile tires, and undercarriage lights (aka ghetto lights) on a current-year Camaro.

Sr. Mechanic

Yeah maybe that fits some people, but for me I wouldn't even think about buying that. It's all about what you like though.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

Definitely too skinny looking for my taste. I agree with ChromeSilver02, it needs bigger and wider tires.

I am also not a fan of painting parts of the interior with a clashing color like the blue against the grey...but that is just my $0.02...lol
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

Oh, my. I am a "Form Follows Function" type. So we start with a vehicle that is a conglomeration of limited functions, then add boy racer style and gingerbread to it? Does this thing come with a giant Matchbox?

Awesome suspension and front bumper. I like the hood. It needs wider tires. Other than that I could do without the other mods especially the tail lights and painted dash/steering wheel. Someone had money burning a hole in his pocket and no friends or family to tell him that is truck had become a rolling joke. The smiles he sees on peoples faces when he drives by is not because they like it, it is because they are laughing at it. I have seen some of the mods he has before, mostly on ricers!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Engineer

wow gag me. hate the stance. just hate it. too tall tand too narrow. and is it just me or did it look like the rear suspencion has 6 shocks?

on a nother note... where can you find those front shock braces that goes over the engine and how well do they work?
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

I think it would look cool if the wheels/tires matched the size of the truck better. That being said, I wouldn't have it as my vehicle. I like my avalanche for its practicality. The lift defeats that. To me, anything above about 4" of lift starts to make it less practical because its harder to reach the bed, you need a drop hitch which are almost always rated for less weight than the truck can tow, etc.

For me, I'd rather spend the money building a stock-looking 2500 Avalanche with a duramax. It's unique, its a big mod people generally don't expect, its not flashy, and it would be practical to have an avalanche that could tow 12,000 lbs when you need to and get 20+ mpg on the highway when you don't.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

In NJ if you can get away with the left The tires Have to be under the fenders to pass all tests..But I think he will need a lower front bumper...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by