GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New to me '93 Burb was picked up today.

I drove 174 miles to p/u the Burb. I purchased the vehicle through an Sheriff Auction. The vehicle was forfeited by the previous owner. The plan was to drive up with my car and pull the car back with the Burb. After I paid for the vehicle and got the title squared away, I got the Burb ready for the trip. Checked oil, tranny fluid, coolant (low) and jump started the truck, ran like crap, then stalled. Combination of dead battery and bad fuel. The Burb has the towing package, unfortunately, the trailer wiring was buggered up. Threw in a Grant worth of fuel and purchased battery and trailer wiring. I was now ready. I turned the key and the Burb roared to life and ran very well.

During the trip, I ran into some issues with the truck. Everything electrical on the truck works except for the cruise. When I was loading stuff in back the left barn door
    does not open. The driverside mirror is also shattered. Probably the most critical thing that happened was that during the drive the master cylinder went. Fortunately, I was very close to home.

Any way glad to bring the Burb home. I'm looking forward to working on the truck when the weather gets better.

Yes, Pics will follow.

Oh, '93 Burb 1500
    Last edited by AdvSwede; 01-05-2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: details

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

We will need pics.. And what did you get it for?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

It is dark now, I'll post some pics tomorrow. I got it for $880 after the premium and had to pay for title and transfer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93_suburban.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	47782

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

WOW Nice deal... How many miles?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Nice buy!!!!
    What do you have in your garage?
    02 Burb Z71/97 Blazer LT
    Nuttin but bowties!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Joshua T