GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Problems with 2013 Sierra heater & fog lamps

I have a three month old 2013 GMC Sierra ext. cab, long bed that I love but I'm having a problem with the remote start. I set the heating system to windshield and about 65* temp before I shut down and plug in the block heater for the night. Next motning I het the door lock button then the start button and she cranks right up but sometimes the heater fails to come on so I insert the key and turn it to the run position then the heater system works as advertised. Sometimes it DO and sometimes it DON"T ???
    Also the fog lights SUCK ! I've replaced the lamps with the yellow iodized bulbs bur have no improvement whatever. This is my 3rd Sierra and have always replaced the factory fog bulbs with something better with great results but these lamps just don't have a good distance or periphial coverage ?? Any suggestions for either problem ?? THX; 767 driver

Sorry I am not familiar with the 2013 but I wanted to welcome you to the club.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Legend

Blog Entries

I moved your thread to the correct part of the forum, as this will help you get faster and more responses than the Member Introduction forum.

Welcome to the Club and good luck in getting your issue resolved quickly!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

My '09 works the same way............I went to the dealer and they told me it was normal, of course that didn't satisfy me....... but, I eventually got a copy of the HVAC section of the GM service manual and (I hate to say it), the dealer was right.

The fan won't start until the water temp reaches a certain temperature. Try starting it a little earlier than normal, letting it idle for a longer period. the fan will start after a time.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

remember the factory remote start will only run for 10 mins..But if you hit the button again it will run 10 mins longer. As for the fog lights You can go for a little higher wattage bulb or Like many of us have done is the HID way..

Anyway Welcome and enjoy your new ride..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X