GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2011 Sierra blackbear tune?

Where can i get it done and about how much is it? Iv heard great things about it but never really looked much in to it? thanks!
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    -6" Rough Country lift, 20" incubus recoils, 35 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, RBP Side steps, Frontier fron replacement bumper(kindoff pre runner style), pioneer 7" double din, pioneer door speakers, 4.10 gears, K&N CAI

Legend

Blog Entries

Use the search function at the top right of your screen and enter "blackbear".... You'll see lots of related threads appear and you should find what you are looking for. There will probably be a few different answers, so check out a few and find what works best for you.

Good luck!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Sr. Mechanic
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sierra11 View Post
    A major difference worth mentioning is that people here have provided feedback about specific people/companies that they have worked with and some of those custom tuners may even provide a discount to members here (or work some kind of deal). The link above will give you a baseline but it should still be helpful to read up on some of the others. In any case, once you receive your custom tune, please provide feedback so that others may benefit from your recent experience. Tuners and custom tunes always draw the interest of many.

Jr. Mechanic

My suggestion is look and find a local tuner that would do a complete dyno tune on your truck. I have always favored finding a local source for what you need. That way, the tune is done on YOUR truck, with your driving habits and south Texas climate. Also, if you happen to not like the tune, it is easier to back for fine tuning if your tuner is local.
    '88 Jimmy 4X4
    5.3l L59/ 4L60E Tuned by Tad
    4" Lift 33" BFG. Custom Brush Guard, KCs, outside spare, Oil pan guard etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymyster View Post
    My suggestion is look and find a local tuner that would do a complete dyno tune on your truck. I have always favored finding a local source for what you need. That way, the tune is done on YOUR truck, with your driving habits and south Texas climate. Also, if you happen to not like the tune, it is easier to back for fine tuning if your tuner is local.
    Amen to that. I've been back 3 times to fine-tune my tune. My local shop doesn't even charge for it. At $250 (plus $75 for the original Dyno) it was well worth finding a local tuner.

-Jerry
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)