GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What addon package do i have on my 1997 GMC suburban

I hear there are
    z85
    z60
    z71
    packages my suburban doesn't say anything in the glove box, but it has 4x4 16 inch rims, I hear GU6, YD3 and g80 may be some determining factors. There are no Z stickers on the side.

Also does anyone know if GMC ever make a Heavy Half ton K1500 suburban I know it sounds odd but, recently I replaced the stabilizer bar link and NAPA,orileys, and autozone, parts were too short (the bolt mostly)and I had to go to the dealer and give them my vin for the parts which is so expensive, but the stabilizer link bar was longer compared to the one in the other stores and it was exactly what i needed. This has been occurring for several items that I have replaced.

Whats also annoying is that on the back left door it SUBURBAN but on the right one it says GMCTruck- so does it have truck hardware in a suburban? I haven't seen any other GMC suburban which both the same lettering on the back at the same time. I have only see GMC truck or just suburban on the back of suburbans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130111_184132.jpg  

I see them all the time with "Suburban" and "GMC" on the back. Just run your vin thru this and it will tell you every option that your truck left the factory with, it decodes all the RPO codes at one time http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the RPO codes you asked about

YD3-AXLE (BASE EQUIP) FOR SCHEDULING GVW PLATE

GU6-AXLE REAR 3.42 RATIO

G80-AXLE POSITRACTION LIMITED SLIP

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Welcome to the Club.

Follow Pikey's advice, and you'll learn all sorts of stuff about your truck. Yeah, I said truck. (I never liked the term SUV)

I think the Heavy Half was a late 70's era term, but there may be a difference if one of those RPO's is a trailer or suspension package. The "Z" stickers were only on the Chevys, I think.

The "GMCTruck" logo started around the time of the body change in '88, I think, and the Suburban nameplate went on the left. The Chevy version is one piece, Suburban over Chevrolet, and on the right.

There are lots of knowledgeable folks here, and a great search feature, too.

Good luck,

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!