GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spot-on, Mike. Sat radio is an extra component for Kenwood decks, just as it's an extra component for OEM decks. (Note: If you go the Sirius route there's an extra cable involved, too. I can't speak to XM cabling as I have a lifetime Sirius account...)

I havent done an install on anything bcm related with aftermarket I usually just go Oem for a clean looking dash. I just remember going to bestbuy before I learned wiring and them charging $230 to put a radio in my 87 S-10 with 2 speakers (I was 16 and in hindsight I cringe thinking about it). My buddy has an escalade avalanche and they quoted $375 for parts without the new aftermarket nav headunit so thats why I thought it was complicated. Also I dont use radio/ cd anymore either, I installed a dice Ipod controller and it does everything I want and have a garmin stuck to the windshield.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

I installed an aftermarket headunit (Kenwood DNX6990) in my truck a couple of months ago. I paid around $700 for the head unit (amazon) and another $200 for the LAN interface (wiring harness) and the XM receiver $60 (amazon). So for about the same price as the Advent radios I got what I would consider a better unit for less. And I was able to keep all the options you want. Onstar (which was not one I wanted to keep but had to) steering wheel controls, and factory bluetooth (and if you don't have it already you would after the install)

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12