GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Forklift driver roll call!!!

Who here drives a forklift for a living? I drive a Yale Veracitor for Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. With my GPS speedo app on my phone I clocked it at 10mph in the parking lot. Good times.

Once while loading a 32ft trailer with the tractor attached, I forgot to set the brakes on the tractor trailer. I went into the trailer and when I stopped the forklift the tractor trailer rolled out of the dock about 4 feet, I looked back as the truck rolled back to the dock because the ground slopes back to our docks.

Another time I was driving full speed in a shadowy part of the warehouse where there are vertical steel support beams that go to the ceiling. One of the beams was hidden behind the right side mast of my forklift as I was driving, I slammed into it and got the fork stuck in the beam. Had to push it out with another forklift.

I've been driving a forklift for about 13 years now. Nice to be behind the wheel of something for most of the day. And the fact that im used to steering with the rear tires, makes counter steering in my car/truck in the snow pretty easy and fun.
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LS K1500
    1991 Chevrolet S10 4.3L 4x4
    2005 Suzuki Forenza (GM/Daewoo)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I do at times.. A Reg one and we have a stand up.. I am Fork Lift Cert.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sure do a new nissian and the a huge towmotor 4x4 lift for all the big stuff also certified for constrution site JCB and genie off road fork trucks. havent used those 2 in about 3 yrs though
    Bowaddict13 ( Jason) 2005 5.3l GMC seirra 4x4 crew cab 1500, 77 chevy van 350, 87 chevy suburban 350, 94 gmc sonoma 4.3, 96 gmc sonoma hi rider 4.3, Two 95 chevy tahoes both 350s, one red one blue

We have a little Cat that I get to drive. We also have a walk behind omnilift. Have driven forklifts from 13 ton cap units down to the walk behind we currently have. Took a "crash" course a couple of weeks ago on using a JCB (might have been a telerx). I had never driven one but there was one on site and we needed to load some heavy Air Compressor intercoolers. Me thinking I can drive anything with wheels jump in and drive this thing. There were speed bumps between were we had the coolers staged and the low boy trailer they were to be loaded on. And there was a big Vac box trailer along the road also. AS I slowed to go over the speed bump I lost all forward motion and started to roll back. When I rolled back the skid I was carrying "rubbed" the side of the Vac Box. That wasn't bad enough but my manager and his boss were standing there watching the entire time. It took me a few minutes but I figured it out and the loading of the other 7 coolers was uneventful.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Here are my 2 Beasts.. I like the reach truck best But the power od Old Yeller is sweet too..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0401.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	47896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9891.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	47897 And our new toy...