GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Just ordered TonnoPro Hard Fold HF-155 from Auto Accessories Garage.

I have been wanting a hard tonneau cover for my truck. I was a little shy about my last experience with the Extang SoildFold and the way Extang didn't honor their 3 year warranty. TonnoPro gives a lifetime warranty of the materials and 10 years on the vinyl covering the aluminum structure.

I decided to get the TonnoPro HF-155 tonneau cover. I found the item over at Auto Accessories Garage(AAG). Pretty much every site has it for $529 with all the sites not giving the 15% off they advertise. I called AAG and they too would not give me the 15% off because the manufacturer restricts the discounts.

AAG ended up giving me 10% off which brought the price down to $476.10 shipped. They were the best price I could find. Just letting the forum members in on a pretty good deal.

I will post some pics with the tonneau cover installed.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Congrats on the new cover. I have the Extang Hard Trifold. What issue's did you have that they wouldn't help you on? I ask because I have had an issue with mine but I was able to get some help. I wasn't totaly happy with what they did for me but they made an attempt.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I've had the TonnoPro tri fold cover on my truck for about 9 months, no problems to speak of and a good fit.
    I found mine new in the box for $255 which was a much better deal than anyone on the internet would give me. I went to a local flea market and bought from a parts vender that sets up there every weekend.

tim, i think that is a different model. i, too, had a tonnopro tri-fold on my F**d, for about $275. But, stchman is talking about a "hard" tri-fold, which mine was not. I really liked mine, except the rear latches bent easily, and it had no front-of-bed access without total removal.

stchman...does yours have a lift-up front of bed access where you do not have to remove other sections first? I am looking for a tonneau with that feature, but the only ones I have found under $800 are the cheap snap covers. They are okay, but do not even provide limited security. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
    tim, i think that is a different model. i, too, had a tonnopro tri-fold on my F**d, for about $275. But, stchman is talking about a "hard" tri-fold, which mine was not. I really liked mine, except the rear latches bent easily, and it had no front-of-bed access without total removal.

stchman...does yours have a lift-up front of bed access where you do not have to remove other sections first? I am looking for a tonneau with that feature, but the only ones I have found under $800 are the cheap snap covers. They are okay, but do not even provide limited security. Jim
    There is the TonnoPro TriFold (soft foldable tonneau cover) and the TonnoPro HardFold (hard foldable tonneau cover).

You can only access the front of the bed if you remove the cover, but you can fold the cover to get access to the back of the bed.

The HardFold and TriFold look identical as they both have a vinyl on the top, just the the HardFold uses aluminum panels underneath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Congrats on the new cover. I have the Extang Hard Trifold. What issue's did you have that they wouldn't help you on? I ask because I have had an issue with mine but I was able to get some help. I wasn't totaly happy with what they did for me but they made an attempt.
    I had the Extang SoildFold and one day I was driving down the highway with the cover opened. The clips really didn't work all that well. Well the clips gave way and the cover unfolded. The back third of the cover was ripped off from its hinge and went on to the highway. I called Extang and after their "investigation" they deemed that they were not going to repair or replace the cover. They did offer to sell me another cover.

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler

No I have the Hard Tri-Fold on my truck. I've got a soft Tri-Fold in the garage that I bought first and then a month later I found the hard Tri-Fold for a better price than I bought the soft one for.

No the only way to get front of bed access is to remove the cover.

From what I've read, the G2 BakFlip will give you full bed access, but they are a lot more expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got the TonnoPro cover. It actually took longer to get the thing out of the box than install the cover. The fit is pretty nice and the vinyl barely flutter when driving down the highway.

I will post pics of the cover on the truck.

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler