GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2011 yukon navigation add

Hi im new here I live on Long Island NY , Im looing to install a nav system in my truck (2011 yukon ltz) and want to keep rear controls, usb ,on star etc. truck has no video but I want a factory nav with video and I want to add monitors as well, truck has bose , any idea whats involved here noticeed changes in 2010 nav unit and any part number that would work would be much appreciated Thanks John

**Moved to Audio, Video, and Gadget Tech**

Hi, john! First, welcome to GMTC. Glad to have you here. Regarding your Navigation question, if you want to go with a factory unit you will need the unit, an GPS antenna, and the mapping CD. I found this http://www.oemradios.com/parts.php
    You did not mention if you have the Rear entertainment center. I would call them and tell them what you want and what you currently have. They may be able to help. Even if they give you a part number, you can search the net for that number and possibly find it cheaper. Depending on what radio you currently have you may be able to just buy a Nav unlock cd and an antenna. Just a heads up: Make sure the radio you buy is unlocked. A dealer will charge between $100-$250 to unlock it. Make sure that it includes the nav CD. Make sure that it includes the antenna or at least the price is discounted if it does not.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks so much it has rear entertainment as well , will check out link Thanks again John