GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: WTB Hp tuner

Hybrid View

Default WTB Hp tuner

Anyone willing to part with their HP tuner equipment. I have an '05 Sierra 2500 8.1 and was going to start tuning. Thanks. Chris.

Be careful buying a used tuner. If the seller does not remove the tune from their truck before sending it to you then it is worthless. I know a few people that have been screwed like that. We have have a vendor here that sells the Diablo tuners and custom tunes packaged to save you money. A few guys on here have his custom tunes and are very happy with it. Message @06MonteSS if you are interested.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks for the info. I have tuned a good many older GM's with the OBD1 and Tunerpro software. I like the convenience factor and the ability to make the quick retune if you change or modify something. I may just have to go with a new HPtuner instead..

HP Tuners is a full tuning software suite, not a programmer like a diablosport, etc...

big learning curve if you don't know what you're doing... and hptuners has a licensing scheme, so if you're buying it from someone else, you'll need to find out if they have any licences still available to use for tuning, need their cable that they got with it too I believe, since the cable/dongle is what contains the reg and licensing info...

you'd be better off getting your own, brand new... then, make sure you read read read read.. cuz if you don't know what you're doing with tuning software, you can screw your **** up quick...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake