GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

im giving serious thought to south dakota or montana when i get out of the army...

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

....or Alaska!

You guys may remember that I'm new to guns and debate with the wife for awhile trying to get something for home defense. Well, I got a shotgun and am getting into shooting now and my pistol license (8 month process) is in the works. A buddy of mine and me talk about this all the time. The law here in NY is just ridiculous. Unfortunately, that's what you get when you live in a Democratic state.

The NRA and NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn has hired 2A lawyers to review the NY law. I believe this legislation will get hit in the courts, but there's no telling what parts will be upheld and which won't. The 7 round mag is ridiculous, even though they'll "let us keep" our 10 round mags as long as we only load 7 rounds. As @Phantom states, time to join the NRA and do all that we can to support the gun lobby. If Obama wants to sign executive orders, then we must prove that these new laws are unconstitutional.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

@Als09Sierra, my home defense shotgun has a 7 round magazine tube ... so of course I expect my pistol and rifle magazines to have more!

This is Lola; she is a show girl. She's also my home defense shotgun and if someone sees her in a capacity other than transport, range practice, or photos she'll probably be the last thing s/he sees, as she was built for exactly one purpose -- to protect me. If I could only choose one gun before running from a horde of zombies this would be it, as it can defend, feed, and clothe me, and that bandolier of shotgun shells has 50 rounds of differing ammunition types to allow for all three.

Here is another example of why Nanny States like CA and NY are places I'll never live -- I built her from the ground up (as in every pin, spring, part, etc.) a few years ago. Her name's Mercy and she was built to toss 73gr 5.56 NATO rounds accurately (3-5 MOA) to 500+ yards all day long -- and she has the rifling, trigger, optics, and magazine capacity to do it.

This is Mercy's brother, Kurt. He's a completely custom job, too, but instead of being built from the ground up he was fashioned from a 1st generation Bushmaster M17S (bullpup) ... a firearm with a design flaw (heat buildup) that was resolved with the venting you see, here. He's been redone in black since this photo was taken (I wasn't happy with the two-tone), and, yes, he's balancing unassisted on his grip (something the gen1 M17S could never do) as a result of re-engineering for close quarters controlability.

If anyone asks why we need such firearms, the answer is simple -- we do not 'need' them, but we are 'citizens' with a right to keep and bear arms, and it shall not be infringed. We should not be compared with the disarmed 'subjects' of Canada, Britain, and Australia who have no such right, as it's apples and oranges.

Obviously I enjoy building, modding, shooting and naming firearms -- safely and sanely, of course. I can't see myself living somewhere that infringed on my ability to do so. Ever. Also, I'll not be traveling to NY as long as it remains a Rogue Nanny State, as I'm unwilling to help fund such behaviour with my tourist dollars.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 01-22-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Yeah I'm getting tired of hearing semi auto rifles being called "assault rifles". In my opinion an assault rifle is a fully automatic rifle that can pump out a ton of ammo with one pull of the trigger. A semi auto is just a normal rifle that can hold multiple rounds due to having a replaceable magazine. Typical ignorant people that barely know half of what they're even talking about. Responsible gun owners shouldn't have to pay the price due to a few rotten apples.

In 4LO and movin' slow...

@the phantom there's another rally Feb 9th. You going? I'm going to do my best to be there. It's tough to get a day away with a one-month old at home, but this is important. Maybe we can get a GMTC contingent together.

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    @the phantom there's another rally Feb 9th. You going? I'm going to do my best to be there. It's tough to get a day away with a one-month old at home, but this is important. Maybe we can get a GMTC contingent together.
    I would but its a 5 1/2 hour drive for me and that might be an unhealthy drive for the caddy as shes getting up there in age. The phantom's hibernating in the barn for a couple more months or I would bring him out to raise a little hell with them lawmakers.

P.S. Ive got a nieghbor that dislikes guns a lot. When I shoot twice a year hes usually calling my house complaining of the noise. The last time I shot a couple pounds of tanerite with my AK and he was on my answering machine in seconds wanting to know what I had over here and to call him back. (hes about 1500' through the woods away from my house) That stuff goes Boom!! I never called him back in fact I was laughing the whole time since hes called the law on me the last 3 years in a row for having some fireworks on the 4th of July. Now he will probably call the law when I shoot more than 7 rounds at once. Just have to be quick with my magazines and when Im done have 7 loaded when the law shows up.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

9. Likes zuki82 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    I would but its a 5 1/2 hour drive for me and that might be an unhealthy drive for the caddy as shes getting up there in age. The phantom's hibernating in the barn for a couple more months or I would bring him out to raise a little hell with them lawmakers.

P.S. Ive got a nieghbor that dislikes guns a lot. When I shoot twice a year hes usually calling my house complaining of the noise. The last time I shot a couple pounds of tanerite with my AK and he was on my answering machine in seconds wanting to know what I had over here and to call him back. (hes about 1500' through the woods away from my house) That stuff goes Boom!! I never called him back in fact I was laughing the whole time since hes called the law on me the last 3 years in a row for having some fireworks on the 4th of July. Now he will probably call the law when I shoot more than 7 rounds at once. Just have to be quick with my magazines and when Im done have 7 loaded when the law shows up.
    Your neighbor sounds like a real DB, the kind I had to get away from. I now live neighbor free on 4 acres! My life goal is to never tell anyone what I do and live as far away from people that have nothing better to do than to worry about others. I can't stand nosy lifeless people. Neighbors are definitely problems. (or not, as long as you're doing what they want you to do)
    Last edited by Creepy Crawler; 01-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    That sucks. You'd think living on that much land people would be understanding, and giving you a hard time about fireworks is ridiculous. Within 1500 ft of me there are about 100 houses, and no cops on July 4th after shooting rockets.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast