GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 Last Post byLast Post by

You guys seriously need to move. And what's with a 4x4 hibernating in winter? I suppose I don't understand owning a tool just for show...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    You guys seriously need to move. And what's with a 4x4 hibernating in winter? I suppose I don't understand owning a tool just for show...
    Too much $ to let it rust away. Its used just not in salt and snow. This way when I move when I retire (if when I get that age there is such a thing) my truck is still in tact.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Again, you seriously need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Again, you seriously need to move.
    I wish it was that easy. When I take care of my stepfather and his wife(house and yard maintanence, plowing driveway ect.) Grew up here (unfortunately). 15 year career with nice income increases every year. Although I am 45 minutes from PA I have considered that as an option but not sure if leaving my house that Ive customized the last 10 years would be easy to leave also. I looking at maybe a 5 year plan to get myself ready for a move/change. By then the company I work for might be ran by someone else (owner is 73)or not running at all and I will be forced to look in a different direction. But all of this is not to argue with you. I agree I need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    I wish it was that easy. When I take care of my stepfather and his wife(house and yard maintanence, plowing driveway ect.) Grew up here (unfortunately). 15 year career with nice income increases every year. Although I am 45 minutes from PA I have considered that as an option but not sure if leaving my house that Ive customized the last 10 years would be easy to leave also. I looking at maybe a 5 year plan to get myself ready for a move/change. By then the company I work for might be ran by someone else (owner is 73)or not running at all and I will be forced to look in a different direction. But all of this is not to argue with you. I agree I need to move.
    At least we're not California...oh wait...
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

eh, im of the opinion that to heck with a a AR right now, im planning on getting a home defence shotgun of some sort. mossberg makes a 590 witha 8 shot tube mag, and no stupid pistol grip, so its still usuable for hunting. 12 gauge ammo is still availible for the most part, and with rifled slugs you can shoot plenty far.

i have a 25-06 for the long range stuff.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    eh, im of the opinion that to heck with a a AR right now, im planning on getting a home defence shotgun of some sort. mossberg makes a 590 witha 8 shot tube mag, and no stupid pistol grip, so its still usuable for hunting. 12 gauge ammo is still availible for the most part, and with rifled slugs you can shoot plenty far.

i have a 25-06 for the long range stuff.

Alex
    Pistol grips are not stupid on home defense shotguns. They are intended to shorten the overall length of the firearm to make it more usable in close quarters, like a home -- where rounding a corner with a shouldered firearm can result in an intruder easily grabbing the barrel as it swings around the corner ... either deflecting the shotgun barrel away from him/herself or potentially disarming you, entirely. A pistol grip firearm is held tighter to the body and is shorter, resulting in a reduced chance of grabbing the firearm in such scenarios ... and less leverage to use against you if it's grabbed.

If you can only have one home defense firearm and it -must- do double-duty for hunting then you'd be smartest to use a pistol grip for home defense and to change the pistol grip to a shoulderable stock for hunting. It's a whopping one bolt to change...

i understand what they are for just fine, i just prefer a normal grip setup. to each there own.

Alex

Senator Feinstein submitted her national bill today. She wants to eventually dry up the supply of "evil" guns. I hope it doesn't pass.

The whole bill is insane, its nothing but a blatant gun grab. The worst part is that the bill as it sits will never get approved, what will happen is some amendments will get made, and they will claim that they were "moderate" and that they "support" the second amendment.

Alex

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 Last Post byLast Post by