GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Guns don't kill people.....people kill people. If you don't address the mental health issue and the back round checks needed to get a firearm, then there will be more deaths.

I have a permit to own here in NJ (strict gun laws here), and personally, I feel that no one "needs" an assault rifle. The constitution made it clear in my opinion that the people shall have the right to bear arms against any invader foreign or domestic, which meant that if the government decided to come after the people, the people have the right to defend themselves or if someone breaks into your house, you have the right to defend your family and property.

Back in the days of the constitution, there was no shoprite or foodlion to shop at. You HAD TO KILL YOUR FOOD...,anyway, think you have it bad, here in NJ, if someone breaks into your house, you have to leave to get away from them instead of defending yourself. If they get hurt, your legally responsible...how is that right!!!
    2006 Chevy Silverado crew cab 1500

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    These new laws will be as successfull as the anti drug, dwi/dui, etc. They are so blind... cant they see that criminals dont follow laws. Also, an AR is only a modular semi automatic rifle... that looks mean. There are other semi automatic rifles, handguns and shotguns which they will go after next. I have an AR that I have highly customized for coyote hunting... they are not going to take mine...:>)
    Not sure if any Politician has brought up what you stated about criminals
    not following laws, but the rest of the public has to follow even more laws
    and regulations almost every day in many facets of life.....Brian

(....but the criminals do what they want, when they want)
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

plain and simple. you smash your finger with a hammer, do you blame the hammer? Or do you blame yourself? Same goes with guns. blame the person, not the tool.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    blame the person, not the tool.
    But our president is a 'tool' and he's absolutely to blame for the latest mandates. Thus, we have one case where it's ok and even appropriate to blame the 'tool'.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I can see having one gun per person per household, and assault rifles are just overkill. I have a .45 registered, and I took a gun safety course and I have a ccw permit. That law is stupid in one aspect, It controls the "legal" sale of weapons and ammunition. I go to flea markets all through the summer, and all I see is assault rifles and other probably stolen guns for sale. Who's buying them?? Young teenagers who aren't even carded, meanwhile all the vendor cares about it cash money.

The mental health thing is also a crock, you might be sane when you buy it but what about down the road? Mental illness comes on people whether they know it or not, I hope that everyone here stays sane.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I can see having one gun per person per household, and assault rifles are just overkill. I have a .45 registered, and I took a gun safety course and I have a ccw permit. That law is stupid in one aspect, It controls the "legal" sale of weapons and ammunition. I go to flea markets all through the summer, and all I see is assault rifles and other probably stolen guns for sale. Who's buying them?? Young teenagers who aren't even carded, meanwhile all the vendor cares about it cash money.

The mental health thing is also a crock, you might be sane when you buy it but what about down the road? Mental illness comes on people whether they know it or not, I hope that everyone here stays sane.
    I believe that you mean you see civilian knock-offs that look like assault weapons. They are semi-automatic, not fully automatic ... and therefore they are not actually assault weapons, as no military, national guard, or para-military force would conduct an assault with the semi-automatic knock-offs sold on the civilian market.

Frankly, neither would I if I needed to do so for some unforseeable reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post

There are already laws about selling firearms to underage (BTW, most states it is legal for you to buy a rifle when you're 18), and felons. Do we need laws to say that it is now more illegal?

Also, can you give me a specific definition on what EXACTLY as "assault" rifle is? I am a gun enthusiast and I don't even know what an "assault" rifle is. Also, cosmetic features(color, shape, texture, hand position) don't count in the definition or example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lube70 View Post
    I have a permit to own here in NJ (strict gun laws here), and personally, I feel that no one "needs" an assault rifle. The constitution made it clear in my opinion that the people shall have the right to bear arms against any invader foreign or domestic, which meant that if the government decided to come after the people, the people have the right to defend themselves or if someone breaks into your house, you have the right to defend your family and property.

Back in the days of the constitution, there was no shoprite or foodlion to shop at. You HAD TO KILL YOUR FOOD...,anyway, think you have it bad, here in NJ, if someone breaks into your house, you have to leave to get away from them instead of defending yourself. If they get hurt, your legally responsible...how is that right!!!
    Last time I checked it was the Bill Of Rights, not the Bill Of Needs.

Remember, the 2nd Amendment has ZERO to do with hunting and feeding yourself and everything to do with the citizens being the last line in the defense against tyranny.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by lube70 View Post
    and personally, I feel that no one "needs" an assault rifle. anyway, think you have it bad, here in NJ, if someone breaks into your house, you have to leave to get away from them instead of defending yourself. If they get hurt, your legally responsible...how is that right!!!
    Your right nobody "needs" an assault rifle.... Yet. If you consider any rifle that is a semi-automatic with some sort of military type feature (very open to interpretation) then I believe it is now illegal to purchase. A lot of people use these style rifles for hunting fox, coyote, bear, and deer. Ive taken my AK-47 out deer hunting to be able to shoot 200 yards which in most part is unfeasible with a shotgun. It should be my choice what gun I would like to use for hunting, target shooting, and my home defense. I should not have to "advertise" or register to the government what I keep in my safe at my house if I have never had any run-ins with the law or have any mental health issues. I think the government needs to have mental illness checked because it sure seems like they're going to hell in a hand basket.

As far as your other comment that you must leave your house if someone is breaking in. I find that hard to believe that you are not allowed to defend yourself. I sure know where I wouldn't move to when I decide to leave NY....And I will leave NY... eventually.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

virginia, (outside of DC) is very gun friendly....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    plain and simple. you smash your finger with a hammer, do you blame the hammer? Or do you blame yourself? Same goes with guns. blame the person, not the tool.

Alex
    I dont know about this... If I do not take my rifles out enough the start whining at the door cause they want out.... and sometimes I even think they go without me. the only way I know is the bipod tracks in the snow and having to clean dirty rifles when I had not used them. They do have a mind of their own...)))
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

11. Likes zuki82 liked this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast