GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Honestly I just called it an assault rifle, because the title of the thread said assault rifle ban. All I know is they look nothing like a normal shotgun or rifle, and when they have "banana clips" on them what am I supposed to call it?? This morning on the news 2 guys in my area were target practicing in there backyards with ak47's , and they were drinking lol...they shot two neighbors houses because the target was paper and had no back drop.

I spend my money on trucks not guns, to each there own.

Well you can't fix stupid. THose same two guys could go get in their "trucks" after drinking and kill a entire family or busload of children and it happens all the time but no one is outlawing trucks.
    Buy Made in USA, The job you save just might be your own.

I own rifles, pistols, and shotguns, unfortunately by the new terminology used one of my rifles is now considered an assault rifle (Ruger 10/22 with an aftermarket stock and scope set-up for long range rodent sniping), thankfully I live in Texas where the state Govt. has decided to give the federal Govt. the finger.
    Don't know what I'll do if the time comes that the Govt tries to collect my weapons but I do have strong beliefs that after serving almost 25 years in uniform I put my life on the line to protect the right to own weapons and I wont give them up without some sort of fight. The battle is far from over on this issue but that just means gun owners and anyone that worries about the erosion of their rights needs to make their voice heard loud and clear with their respective representatives.

Anyone catch the fact that New York's new law forgot to exempt Police and Military on clip bullet quantity's?
    The policemen s benevolent society is planning on lobbying the state senate to insert an exemption for Active and retired Police officers on this issue.

Funny most representatives have either armed guards and or permits to arm themselves but they don't want you to be armed. Their permits are normally rubber stamped and they don't take any training to posses them either.

of corse, they are more important then us regular people.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

@Sierraowner5.3:
    Spot-on. Police and Military personnel should have no more entitlement to firearms and/or accessories than the average law-abiding citizen because when the uniform comes off after the shift is over ... that's all they are.

@tbplus10:
    Consider that the militia of our founding fathers' day DID have the same small arms as their British masters' military ... and the 2nd Amendment was crafted in that context after the Brits passed laws denying the possession/ownership of firearms by colonists.

Thus, I don't think it's EVER appropriate for the police/military forces of a government to have small arms that the populace cannot have. If the government ever turns on the populace the populace is at a disadvantage due to the disparity of force engendered by a government that's turned tyrannical ... and must now fight an asymmetric instead of symmetric battle.

This means I've always been troubled that the legislation in 1934 makes it illegal for civilians to own/possess/craft fully automatic firearms since our military still fields them. Either it needs to give them up or the populace needs to be allowed to own them. I tend to lean toward the latter since the right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed" ... yet has been. (They could have avoided this by amending the Constitution, by the way.)

Surreal

P.S. Gun bans work about as well as Prohibition worked -- and we know how well THAT went. Look at Chicago which had a ban on handguns for years -- check out its violent crime statistics where handguns are involved, sometime, if you have any doubt that bans don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post

P.S. Gun bans work about as well as Prohibition worked -- and we know how well THAT went. Look at Chicago which had a ban on handguns for years -- check out its violent crime statistics where handguns are involved, sometime, if you have any doubt that bans don't work.

give this man a cookie, for he speaks the truth!

Alex

The thing that bugs me is the immediate attachment to the mental "challegned" we shall say. Look, most of these people commuting these outrageous crimes are not levelheaded or by any definition, sane. BUT what gives anyone the right to question the motives, or lack there of, of anyone who has some form of mental handicap. So let me get this straight, we are going to start classifying and segregating those who can buy guns and those who can't? Wtf? I have migraines, that's classified as a metal illness because of the lack of physical change to my brain during a migraine episode (fun fact, be ya didn't know that one! . ). So now will I be allowed to buy guns and ammo? For now, of course, but damn if this isn't a slippery slope we find ourselves on. Our government should be damned ashamed of themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Kind of curiuos if anyone has an opinion on the assault rifle ban just passed by lawmakers in NY. I own an assault rifle that I purchased from an individual about 4 years ago. Now the new law requires me to register it with the government. I can not sell the gun now unless a background check is done on who im selling it to. Also the new law requires me to recertify my pistol permit every 5 years. I guess I dont care about the pistol permit but to make me an instant criminal with my assault rifle is just wrong. Regardless if they give me a certain amount of time to register the AR I still feel that my rights are being violated. I agree with some of the law regarding the mental health backround check items but a lot of this law, from what I am hearing, was pushed through in the dark. Meaning that most of the votes on the law was not given time to even look it over. Normally there is a 3 day comment period and the governor decided that was a bad idea as the gun dealers were packed with purchases of the guns effected. All I can say is if they try to come and take my guns.... they can have them bullets first.
    That is why I will never live in New York. I lived in the people's republic of California for 30 years and lived under their oppression I moved to Colorado and have discovered freedom. Just to the North of us, Wyoming is even more free. I am a law abiding citizen. Therefore, the govt. doesn't need to know what guns I own or how much ammo I have.

Move to Alaska if you want the MOST freedom!

I'd rather we just sell CA and NY and go back to a flag with 48 stars...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast