GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Master Mechanic

Default Nice Day to Work on the Truck

Well I started out by doing my weekly ritual of washing my truck and then decided to install a couple mods I've been procrastinating on due to cold weather. Today I installed the painted mirror caps, smoked out my fog lights and put on my new grille. I'm pretty pleased with the look now, what do you think? Hopefully the weather will be nice for the next week cause the truck nice and shiny!

The grille inserts are chrome and in person it ties out nicely with the bumper that is chrome. I'm still considering blacking the bumper piece out but will hold off for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0751.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	36027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0753.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	36028Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	36029

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Girl
    Good Job!! I like the look of the grille... Bad-ass!! I can't wait until I come back from Ontario (vacay) to install my new mods...then I will post my thread.. and you can respond.. LOL I like the little chrome piece on the bumper... I can't wash my "mini truck with a cap" -as you call my Envoy... LOL we still got snow in Northern BC, but some is melting and it is a big pile of brown and black sludge and water everywhere.. Nice job girl!! Truck is lookin' great

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Can't really tell the insert is chrome from the pics. But it does look nice.

Your truck always looks nice. can't really see the new mods but it looks are great with or with out.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Okay.. i feel like an idiot kinda, but I wanna apologize. LOL I know for a fact that I've called you "Bro" a couple of times in the past.. and I just now realized that you are definitely NOT.. a bro haha Sorry hun! Your truck looks amazin!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker
    Okay.. i feel like an idiot kinda, but I wanna apologize. LOL I know for a fact that I've called you "Bro" a couple of times in the past.. and I just now realized that you are definitely NOT.. a bro haha Sorry hun! Your truck looks amazin!
    Hehe...no worries!!! Should I take it as a compliment because my truck meets the approval of guys because its style increases weekly rather than getting compliments just cause I'm a girl? In any case thank you for the positive feedback.

As a follow up, I sent an inquiry into a truck mod place that can black my bumper out. I also plan on takin the OEM bowtie that came on the new grille and painting it black plus add a charcoal border. Just enough to make it stick out a little more. What do you think about that?

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24
    Your truck always looks nice. can't really see the new mods but it looks are great with or with out.
    Whoa you are totally just as bad as my boy friend Coach who didn't notice...LOL
    I'll cut you some slack though since I'm only 1 truck out of the many on here.
    To help you out though here is a before shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3973177251.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	36062

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Hehe...no worries!!! Should I take it as a compliment because my truck meets the approval of guys because its style increases weekly rather than getting compliments just cause I'm a girl? In any case thank you for the positive feedback.

As a follow up, I sent an inquiry into a truck mod place that can black my bumper out. I also plan on takin the OEM bowtie that came on the new grille and painting it black plus add a charcoal border. Just enough to make it stick out a little more. What do you think about that?
    I am planning on doing the same grille on the front of my truck, but in white (obviously) w/ the bowtie painted white. I believe that the black bowtie with a charcoal border would definitely go well with your truck. And on a side note about the bumber.. i actually found a company that somehow gets the surplus that GM doesn't need for their vehicles, and they may have your bumper in stock already painted black. Which would also look amazing IMO

And yes, your truck definitely meets the approval of guys (or this one at least) lol

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    I am planning on doing the same grille on the front of my truck, but in white (obviously) w/ the bowtie painted white. I believe that the black bowtie with a charcoal border would definitely go well with your truck. And on a side note about the bumber.. i actually found a company that somehow gets the surplus that GM doesn't need for their vehicles, and they may have your bumper in stock already painted black. Which would also look amazing IMO

And yes, your truck definitely meets the approval of guys (or this one at least) lol

Well I got a response from the vinyl shop today and they said the bumper would be no problem. I was actually considering doing a charcoal matte color for the bumper & bowtie. I'll have a better idea though once I go the vinyl shop on Friday.

@AMac, I personally like the girl in black with a little bling. Although the new look isn't too bad. Now if you can get your BF to wash and wax it once a week you got itmade

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by