GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Escalade vs Tahoe or Yukon.

    Had a chance to sit in a new 2013 Escalade, and while it shares a lot with the Tahoe or Yukon, they are not even in the same universe as an Escalade.

    I could not believe how uber luxurious the Escalade was. Since my Silverado LTZ shares the identical dash with the Tahoe and Yukon, the dash on the Escalade is FAR SUPERIOR.

    One of these days maybe I will be able to afford one of these ultra luxury rides.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  2. #2

    Default

    If they are building them in comparison like they did in 2003. I strongly urge you to think twice. My 2003 Escalade Ext is the worst GM vehicle I have ever owned. Way overpriced for the emblems on it and the luxury items such as the air ride are cheaply built expensive junk. If you need to know more of the problems I have had with mine just ask but it won't be a short story.




    2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

  3. #3
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    If they are building them in comparison like they did in 2003. I strongly urge you to think twice. My 2003 Escalade Ext is the worst GM vehicle I have ever owned. Way overpriced for the emblems on it and the luxury items such as the air ride are cheaply built expensive junk. If you need to know more of the problems I have had with mine just ask but it won't be a short story.

    Should have gotten a Avalanche Saved about $20K But then again I too am having problems...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

  4. #4

    Default

    I purchased mine used with about 29k on it. I was looking into a used avalanche when I bought the caddy and found I was only spending about 3k-5k more for the more luxurious, Quality, better builtgm product. Man was I mistaken. Now I wish I had taken that route.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    If they are building them in comparison like they did in 2003. I strongly urge you to think twice. My 2003 Escalade Ext is the worst GM vehicle I have ever owned. Way overpriced for the emblems on it and the luxury items such as the air ride are cheaply built expensive junk. If you need to know more of the problems I have had with mine just ask but it won't be a short story.
    I've never been in a 2003 Escalade, but hopefully 10 years later it's been improved.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Should have gotten a Avalanche Saved about $20K But then again I too am having problems...
    All an Avalanche is is a Suburban with a fancy truck bed. The Escalade is a pretty different animal. An Escalade is an SUV while an Avalanche is pretty much a pickup.

  6. #6

    Default

    I haven't looked at them recently, but in 03 when I was looking into them. All of the components of the Avalanche were the same as the Escalade except the Avalanche had switchable 2 to 4wd where the Escalade was AWD. All of the mechanics of the engine were the same components as a silverado with the 6.0 engine. Im not trying to downgrade the Escalade itself. But after owning one I will say I will never own one again. Like you said, hopefully after 10 years they have improved it but they have also improved the silverado's and the newer Avalanche's features also. Obvously im only comparing the Avalanche LTZ to the Escalade EXT as im not educated with the SUV versions of the Escalade, Tahoe and Denali.

  7. #7

    Default

    Hopefully everyone in the forum knows that 2013 is the last year for the Avalanche and the Escalade EXT. GM is discontinuing them both.

  8. #8
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    They are so much.... From a great ride, to a Pickup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0409 (1).jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	48134(8ft dresser moved last night) to a moving machine Click image for larger version. 

Name:	move1.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	48135 to a show truck...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	showready.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	48136 it does so much..

  9. #9

    Default

    Quick list of problems I had:

    Front Diff bearing at 29k miles $1200
    Drivers side window regulator 37k miles $65 (ebay) Dealer wanted close to $200
    Interior slide for moonroof flew out the window at 40k miles $???? never replaced
    Driverside Wheel bearing at 51k miles $75 parts (did myself)
    Power steering pump at 57k miles $85 parts (did myself)
    3rd Brake light quit working at 60k miles (still doesnt work sshhhh dont tell my annual inspector guy)
    Drivers side mirror filled with water and quit dimming/heating replaced with a used at $85 (Ebay)
    Transmision overhaul and lines at 69k miles $2100
    Instrument cluster (Spedo Quit) $175 Labor parts covered by Cadillac
    Passenger side window regulator at 71k miles $65 (ebay)
    Oil cooler lines replaced at 73k miles $60 Autozone
    Rear passenger door regulator at 74k miles $65 (Ebay)
    Instrument Cluster Tachometer quit 8 months after replaced (Still doesnt work)
    Vent Selonoid replaced (for emisions) at 75k miles

    this is just off the top of my head, Im sure theres more. Now if the truck had 100k miles plus I could see most of these things but this is rediculous. Probably why they should discontinue.

  10. #10
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Quick list of problems I had:

    Front Diff bearing at 29k miles $1200
    Drivers side window regulator 37k miles $65 (ebay) Dealer wanted close to $200
    Interior slide for moonroof flew out the window at 40k miles $???? never replaced
    Driverside Wheel bearing at 51k miles $75 parts (did myself)
    Power steering pump at 57k miles $85 parts (did myself)
    3rd Brake light quit working at 60k miles (still doesnt work sshhhh dont tell my annual inspector guy)
    Drivers side mirror filled with water and quit dimming/heating replaced with a used at $85 (Ebay)
    Transmision overhaul and lines at 69k miles $2100
    Instrument cluster (Spedo Quit) $175 Labor parts covered by Cadillac
    Passenger side window regulator at 71k miles $65 (ebay)
    Oil cooler lines replaced at 73k miles $60 Autozone
    Rear passenger door regulator at 74k miles $65 (Ebay)
    Instrument Cluster Tachometer quit 8 months after replaced (Still doesnt work)
    Vent Selonoid replaced (for emisions) at 75k miles

    this is just off the top of my head, Im sure theres more. Now if the truck had 100k miles plus I could see most of these things but this is rediculous. Probably why they should discontinue.

    WOW I am sorry did you buy it new?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. 5.3 engine silverado sierra yukon tahoe escalade avalanche
    By parts bot in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last: 10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
  2. NEW Trailer Harness 02 Tahoe Yukon Escalade Silverado
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last: 06-01-2010, 11:10 AM
  3. NEW Trailer Harness 02 Tahoe Yukon Escalade Silverado
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
  4. NEW Trailer Harness 02 Tahoe Yukon Escalade Silverado
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-10-2010, 03:00 PM
  5. NEW Trailer Harness 02 Tahoe Yukon Escalade Silverado
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-02-2010, 05:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •