GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Quick list of problems I had:

Front Diff bearing at 29k miles $1200
    Drivers side window regulator 37k miles $65 (ebay) Dealer wanted close to $200
    Interior slide for moonroof flew out the window at 40k miles $???? never replaced
    Driverside Wheel bearing at 51k miles $75 parts (did myself)
    Power steering pump at 57k miles $85 parts (did myself)
    3rd Brake light quit working at 60k miles (still doesnt work sshhhh dont tell my annual inspector guy)
    Drivers side mirror filled with water and quit dimming/heating replaced with a used at $85 (Ebay)
    Transmision overhaul and lines at 69k miles $2100
    Instrument cluster (Spedo Quit) $175 Labor parts covered by Cadillac
    Passenger side window regulator at 71k miles $65 (ebay)
    Oil cooler lines replaced at 73k miles $60 Autozone
    Rear passenger door regulator at 74k miles $65 (Ebay)
    Instrument Cluster Tachometer quit 8 months after replaced (Still doesnt work)
    Vent Selonoid replaced (for emisions) at 75k miles

this is just off the top of my head, Im sure theres more. Now if the truck had 100k miles plus I could see most of these things but this is rediculous. Probably why they should discontinue.

WOW I am sorry did you buy it new?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    WOW I am sorry did you buy it new?
    no used at 29k in Chicago. drove away from the dealership and about 75 miles later heard the hum in the front end. Dealership said "Oh im sorry shoulda got the extended warranty with it" original test drive did not reveal any issues until it got nice and warm.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Legend

Get a Carfax for it?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yeah the dealer supplied one before I bought it. No problems there. Told me there was a remaining factory warranty until I drove 560 miles and traded in my 06 Honda Ridgeline that the factory warranty was 25 days out of warranty. Basically told me take it or leave it. Chicago Motor cars. Bad business practice and will never deal with again.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Legend

Well if I move up to my wife Next month I'll pay them a visit for ya.. She's in Arlington Ht's IL

Quick list of problems I had:

Front Diff bearing at 29k miles $1200
    Drivers side window regulator 37k miles $65 (ebay) Dealer wanted close to $200
    Interior slide for moonroof flew out the window at 40k miles $???? never replaced
    Driverside Wheel bearing at 51k miles $75 parts (did myself)
    Power steering pump at 57k miles $85 parts (did myself)
    3rd Brake light quit working at 60k miles (still doesnt work sshhhh dont tell my annual inspector guy)
    Drivers side mirror filled with water and quit dimming/heating replaced with a used at $85 (Ebay)
    Transmision overhaul and lines at 69k miles $2100
    Instrument cluster (Spedo Quit) $175 Labor parts covered by Cadillac
    Passenger side window regulator at 71k miles $65 (ebay)
    Oil cooler lines replaced at 73k miles $60 Autozone
    Rear passenger door regulator at 74k miles $65 (Ebay)
    Instrument Cluster Tachometer quit 8 months after replaced (Still doesnt work)
    Vent Selonoid replaced (for emisions) at 75k miles

this is just off the top of my head, Im sure theres more. Now if the truck had 100k miles plus I could see most of these things but this is rediculous. Probably why they should discontinue.
    The front diff bearings are covered under GM's 3/36 bumper to bumper since you only had 29K.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Yup and the dealership advertised remaining factory warranty. Problem was I bought it 3 years and 1 month after the original delivery date. Of course the stealership didn't tell me that until after I drove 556 miles with my trade in. SOL

Yup and the dealership advertised remaining factory warranty. Problem was I bought it 3 years and 1 month after the original delivery date. Of course the stealership didn't tell me that until after I drove 556 miles with my trade in. SOL
    The reason I always buy new, I don't want anyone esle's freaking problems. I know how to maintain a car and I assume somebody else didn't maintain it.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    The reason I always buy new, I don't want anyone esle's freaking problems. I know how to maintain a car and I assume somebody else didn't maintain it.
    I understand that but a (at the time) $50k plus truck at just over half price with only 29k miles on it. How many problems could someone have. Most of the problems were not even maintenance issues. It was just a lemon. Oh yeah no lemon law in Illinois from what I could find.

Legend

As I said I might be moving to Il soon I'll find that dealer for ya and give him a good...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast