GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Ever heard of Anaheim Industries?

I recently picked up a 1989 suburban. Basic 350, 2-wheel drive model. But apparently when it left the factory, it was sent to Anaheim Industries in Texas to get a conversion van type upgrade. Does anyone know anything about this company or a way to find out what their build order was for my 'burb?

Also, as the owner of 2 suburbans previously, but new to the '89, I have a couple questions.

1. Does anyone know where I can download an owner's manual? Either the Chevy or the Anaheim Industries or both?

2. Where can I download a shop or service manual?

3. I put the a/c on and after a minute or so the blower stopped blowing and now won't blow air in any setting. Any ideas where to start on that?

4. Is there another fuse panel beside the one under the driver's side dash?

5. The stereo system looks stock, but only the driver's side speaker works. No crackling or popping from any other speakers, just silent. Any hints?

Thanks in advance for the help. I look forward to getting a lot of enjoyment out of my new 'burb.

Blog Entries

never heard of tehm, but it will be interesting to read when someone
    replies who knows..............Brian from Canada,,,
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Whats in the truck? Wood over cup holders? Running boards? Extra chrome? There were a Ton of upfitters back in the 80's and early 90's but most have disappeared or gone out of Biz.. . As for the speakers at that age they are dust.. I would look into redoing the system.. Can you post up some pics?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

The company, Anaheim Industries, is still in business. They seem to do mostly armored car upgrades and "CEO Suburban Conversion". In mine, they put custom leather seats in, with captains chairs in the first and second rows, wood trim all over and running boards. It also seems to ride much lower, but then again, my other 2 burbs were 4x4, so maybe this is just how a 2x4 sits.

I'll put up some pics tomorrow.

Thanks

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok sounds good As I said there were many Co's that did all of that Most of the parts you could find in JC Whitney catalogs..

From what I found they attempted to take GM to court for breach of contract. They lost, so maybe that is why they are not around anymore. If you search the web there are a few company names that could be them. Maybe they just changed names. There is an Anaheim sprinter upfitter.
    http://law.justia.com/cases/texas/fi...007/85023.html

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

like this?
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/3549379236.html

We had a 1988 2WD for over 10 year in the family.
    I recall the owner manual is very basic. The only thing I found "useful" was how to set the clock/stereo
    Your 89 should have old style R12 AC system, doesn't the fan work at all? In ours, the fan worked on High only and the problem was a bad resistor. (My AC wasn't blowing cold and didn't bother to fix it)

I took the dash apart once during my restoration (with stereo upgrade) don't recall seeing any hidden fuse box. You should able to see everything under the dash. For the radio, if it is stock, it probably is bad by now. The stock one I had, the sound was popping so I replaced the head unit (put it under the center console to keep the stock look).
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...highlight=1988