GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 rust!

I think that a lot of it has to do with luck. I had an 02 silverado, when I sold it the only rust was on the fuel door. Of course I washed and waxed the crap out of the truck, but I don't think that mattered much. My dad never washes or waxes his 2002 avalanche and it has little rust. I have a friend with an 2001 silverado. The bed is so rusted that it flops around while driving at any speed. The rocker panels are eaten all the way through. My brother had a 2011 quad cab silverado. After one year the rear door sills were rusting. Rusting to the point that the weather striping was peeling off. He took it to the dealer and they said sorry, it is not rusted through. He laughed and said, "it is a lease, not my problem, all yours next year". They fixed it!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

To be fair with mine, I bought it with rust on it. Previous owner lived in CT and traded it in when he moved to Va. Northern Va salts their roads too. So my truck has lived a salty lifestyle lol. I'm in Cali now so I plan on removing the rust from the frame myself with my good ole Navy skills and know how haha. And I'm leaving the body paint to the paint shop lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12