GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Savana side door hinge broken!

Ok - so I've sesarched the site and found great info on replacing the hinge pins (which needs done!) but the lower door hinge on the left side door on our 1999 GMC savana 3500 is broken. The actual hinge. Kinda sucks, actually. We have 6 kiddos and we use/will use that door. A lot.

When I google door hinge all I seem to find are the pins - does anyone know where to get an actual replacement hinge?

Thanks in advance!

Travis
    Travis - Sparland, IL
    1999 GMC Savana 3500 15 passenger
    1997 GMC Suburban 2500

http://www.gmpartsclub.com/parts-cat...k-and-hardware . I think that it is in the third diagram number 13 or 15 depending on what you need

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Pikey - thanks! Looks like a bigger job than I anticipated...but the door is about to fall off! As I've inspected more today I've actually got 3 broken hinges on the side doors. Ugh.
    Travis - Sparland, IL
    1997 GMC Suburban 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Twgman View Post
    Pikey - thanks! Looks like a bigger job than I anticipated...but the door is about to fall off! As I've inspected more today I've actually got 3 broken hinges on the side doors. Ugh.
    Sorry to hear that. That is not a super cheap fix. The hinges are pricey and if they are welded on it sucks even more.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I had one "ear" break on mine and I had the local welding shop weld it back on for like $15 Worth a shot

For us it was the door part of the hinge that broke. Local shop replaced the door (including paint) cheaper than it would have been to replace the hinge.

I thought of looking for doors - but our local body shop gave me a great price and is willing to trade some pizza for payment! Van goes in next week!
    Travis - Sparland, IL
    1997 GMC Suburban 2500