GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need some insight...reduced engine power and SES light in 4wd Low

OK guys and girls, I was down the Jersey shore doing dunes recovery and reconstruction and had my 06 silverado on the beach,. Reduced the tire pressure to 12 psi and was in 4wd hi. Got kinda stuck and went into 4wd low. Upon trying to get out of the sand, the engine light came on the DIC said reduced engine power. Car felt like it was running on 2 cylinders..No power. Swithced to 4wd hi and even 2wd and nothing. Thought I was stuck.

Then shut truck off, started again and put in 4wd still nothing. Shut again and restarted in 4wd hi and all was ok.

Is this a thing for 4wd low ? never encountered this. Guess it protects the drivetrain?

Any info appreciated.

Don
    2006 Chevy Silverado crew cab 1500

Nope, not a thing in 4 low. I would take it to a parts store and have them read what code was set when the Engine light came on. There have been reported issues with the Throttle body and throttle body wiring for that year truck. It causes the reduced power message. Give the wire a pull at the throttle body connector and see if any of the runner stretches. If so you found your broken wire.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)