GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Fog light mod 2013 Silverado

Hey all, looking at a 2013 Chevy Silverado crew cab Z71. If I buy it, I would like to mod the fog lights to where they will come on whenever I want them too; not just when the low beams are on. Does anyone know of any links that show how to do this on these trucks?
    Thanks,
    Jay

I want to say that @SurrealOne has posted some info on this. It would be a good sticky as I would like to do someday. I tried searching it but haven't come up with the right search string.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Blog Entries

darn, I just want to get fog lights first....haha Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

There's a how-to on it. I am not the author. It's specifically for NBS trucks, though. It was tried on a NNBS truck and did not work...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    There's a how-to on it. I am not the author. It's specifically for NBS trucks, though. It was tried on a NNBS truck and did not work...

What is a NBS truck and a NNBS truck?

NBS = 03-07 classic. NNBS is 07 new body style thru 2013. not sure what people are gonna call the 2014 trucks.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Its still basic electrics, if you know how to wire a relay you can do it but if the dealer catches you with it they will void your warranty because they dont mess around when it comes to electronics in these new computer controlled everything cars. If you want to do it we can figure it out for ya.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

I definitely want too. I have it done on my Tacoma right now. It was really easy to do and plan on doing it to my wife's Corolla. It just bugs me when you turn the high beams on, they go off. I don't know why all auto companies do that?